Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Bloating And Hardness In Abdomen (Page 1)

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Question I haven't yet found an answer to this. There are times when my stomach becomes bloated and very hard. It hurts to touch and to move. There is no pattern to when it comes on - whether due to a tighter pair of pants, sex, onset of period, etc. I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard or experiences this. It can last up to two days and is very uncomfortable.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 14th, 2003
Experienced User
A bad colon?
|

replied September 22nd, 2003
Yes! Irritable bowel syndrome. Zelnorm by prescription is wonderful. I suffered from that for about 4 years.
|

replied August 13th, 2012
i was fine this morning had pizza garlic bread n chips hr later i carnt move my stomach is bloated, hard and i feel sick even though i had a small plate i know my I,B S has reacted to this food Sad
|

replied October 20th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Sounds like constipation to me...Go see a gastroenterologist to get you checked out....Best of luck
|

replied July 5th, 2004
Abdominal Pain And Hardness
It sounds like the same symptoms I have been experiencing for a while. No, it is not constipation. It can happen at anytime of the day. Some mornings I wake up and my stomach feels fine, and is (somewhat) flat. Rolling Eyes but, by the middle of the day, my stomach has blown up and is as hard as a rock. It is quite annoying. Especially when you are trying to diet. If anyone can let us know what is causing this, it would be quite helpful!! Laughing
|

replied July 20th, 2004
Food allergy? Perhaps candida yast overgrowth. Try to remember what you ate before it last happened, and the time before
|

replied July 24th, 2004
Does it sometimes start with severe sharp pains then leads into this bloated hard feeling? Is the bloated hard feeling sensitive to the touch like if you push on it and sensitive to the release as well? Does it hurt your stomach to sit down? Do you know any men that this happens to? I am pretty sure it is somehow related to ovarian cysts.
|

replied July 25th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I'd check out irritable bowel syndrome & other food related auto immune disorders celiac disease etc & try a dietary change related to these disorders.
|

replied April 18th, 2010
Bloated, burning, & right side pain
I to have this problem. It doesn''t happen everyday or at the same time when it does happen. I get really bloated & my stomach hurts. Now my stomach started burning & I have pain on my right side & feels like it goes up my back(right side only). I went to the emergency rm the other night because it continued to burn for more than two hr.''s & the pain became more & more. The Dr. had blood wrk done on me to check my liver, pancreas, & gall bladder & said everything was ok. Also had three x rays & still the Dr. didn''t see anything wrong. I don''t understand what is going on but it''s starting to hurt & burn more when I have these atacks. =[
|

replied September 11th, 2012
GERD
Its gerd.Had the same tests done and everything came back fine.Then had a colonscoptimy(they put you to sleep and put a tube with a camera down your throat).Found out it is gerd.Gastral disease.Like a ton of tiny ulsurs.
They put you on a prescription stregnth previced.Hope this helps that is the worst pain.
|

replied September 11th, 2012
Its gerd.Had the same tests done and everything came back fine.Then had a colonscoptimy(they put you to sleep and put a tube with a camera down your throat).Found out it is gerd.Gastral disease.Like a ton of tiny ulsurs.
They put you on a prescription stregnth previced.Hope this helps that is the worst pain.
|

replied October 4th, 2012
Gallstone
This sounds like a gallstone. I had gallstones 4 years ago. I had blood work and nothing showed. My doctor had me do a cat scan and that is when it showed up. My were small, but still had my gallbladder removed. But with what you are saying that was how it was for me.
|

replied April 25th, 2010
Supporter
Mkmrrsn,

It sounds like it could be your gallbladder. Did the hospital do a CT scan? If not I would follow up with a gastroenterologist asap. If they did not do a CT or an ultrasound then you should get these tests done. Have you noticed if this happens when you eat certain foods, such as things with gravy, hot dogs, fatty things. Do an internet search on gallstones, also ulcers. Something is definately going on. I do not hesitate to seek medical help when I have a problem. The ER is not the place to do it. You need to find a primary doctor who will get to know you and he or she will be happy to order the proper tests for you. It took me a year to find a doctor to get a diagnosis of hypothyroidism. I knew through research that this was what was causing all my symptoms. I found an endocrinologist that followed the new guidelines for thyroid disorders. Hope this helps.
Cindy
|

replied June 1st, 2011
I suffer from the same symptoms (bloated, hard stomach) and I have been diagnosed with 2 types of liver disease (Hereditary Hemochromatosis & Fatty Liver Disease), plus a Large Hiatal Hernia, all which was discovered by bloodwork, an abdominal ultrasound and a gastroscopy/endoscopy. I go for Phlebotomy Treatments every month. My liver is enlarged, my digestive system is a bit of a mess. I was also just tested for Celiac Disease and waiting for results. Regardless, my diet needed to be changed and it has made a drastic difference. 5-6 smaller meals, low-sodium, no trans fats or saturated fats and a lot of water daily. I gradually introduced fibre, which I now consume 25-35 grams per day. Exercise and taking a iron-free daily vitamin has helped too. I am finally starting to feel normal again after 3 years.
|

replied June 1st, 2011
I also had an intestinal infection in my duodenum (sp?) and colon, which caused pain. They found out by doing another gastroscopy/endoscopy and stool sample. I had to take medication.
|

replied February 9th, 2012
Bloated, Hard Stomach. Low water intake, large sodium.
I also have the same problem: my stomach will be flat in the morning, and bloated withing 2 hours, and hard. I am only 21 years old, so I don't believe that I can really have much going wrong! I have a VERY poor eating schedule. I can go until 8 PM and realize I haven't eaten all day. When I eat, I love lots of salt and sauces. My water intake is pretty low, and soda more common. (I know, I need to change that, and I've been working on it!) I am currently on antibiotics (Cypro) and it requires large water intake.

Could me having an increased water intake suddenly cause me to have this problem?
|

replied March 5th, 2012
I also have the same symptoms, bloated, hard and sore tummy. when i went to see a Doctor, He said i had Ulcer, infact three different Dr's confirmed that, maybe you guys must check that. certain food triger your ulcer and make you sick, sometimes you will fill like throwing up.
|

replied March 5th, 2012
I also have the same symptoms, bloated, hard and sore tummy. when i went to see a Doctor, He said i had Ulcer, infact three different Dr's confirmed that, maybe you guys must check that. certain food triger your ulcer and make you sick, sometimes you will fill like throwing up.
|

replied April 29th, 2012
I have the same symptoms, I've had l large cyst on my right overie before they removed the cyst my overie falopeon tube and apendix, not long after that I became pregnant and had too have an emergency c section 13 hours intoo labour I've been feeling pregnant lately but know I am not due too having the implant, but I feel strong movement in my stomach, my stomach has become hard and iv been experiencing Sharp pains in my left side, could it be another cyst?
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2012
I have the same problem I think. Eating makes it feel better but eating sweet or spicy foods make it worse right? Yh- well, that's due to too much stomach acid. Exercise should help Smile
|

replied June 17th, 2013
My stomach is constantly bloated I look pregnant!! I no I'm not. I suffer IBS but I think there's something else triggering it off... any ideas!! Its going on a year now... HELP PLEASE
|

replied June 17th, 2013
My stomach is constantly bloated I look pregnant!! I no I'm not. I suffer IBS but I think there's something else triggering it off... any ideas!! Its going on a year now... HELP PLEASE
|

replied August 14th, 2013
I get this as I also suffer with ibs, it is caused from eating wheat, I no longer eat wheat and all symptoms have disappeared. It is not a wheat allergy but a wheat intolerance, so it doesn't show on a blood test. Not eating wheat has changed my life!
|

replied December 17th, 2013
Stomach bloating and pain (IBS)
I have exactly the same symptoms. Soft stomach one minute and within a short time I have a stomach that is harder than a rock. It hurts and causes me severe pain. My doctor said I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) which by today's standards is very common. I take one tablespoon of Lactulose every day which is prescribed by my doctor. Without it I could not live with the hard stomach and pain, and I normally have a high tolerance for pain, but this is like someone is stabbing me in the stomach with a butcher knife. My doctor also prescribed a pill called Dicetel which I take every day. It all seems to control my problem. If I forget to take the Lactulose, I go right back into the unbearable pain. Hope this helps you all. You can check this out with your doctor.
|
12 >>
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile