Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sinusitis Forum

I Wake Up Every Morning With a Burning Throat!

Must Read
Do you have a cold or a sinus infection? Learn the difference plus more info on different types of sinus infections (sinusitis) here....
What can cause a short-term or long-term case of sinus infection? We review both. Learn how to avoid the risk of developing an infection in this section....
What are the first signs that you have trouble with your sinuses? Learn to identify a sinus infection early ... plus know when you should seek medical help....
User Profile
This has been going on for weeks now. The doctor says I have sinusitis and I am on my third course of antibiotics but nothing seems to shift it. My voice sounds weak and crackly and I i get a pain in my larynx from trying to project my voice (i am in a job that requires constant talking!) I feel generally tired and miserable (i wake up several times during the night because of my very painful throat). All this seems to have followed on from a dose of 'flu three months ago which led to a chest infection.

I wonder if this is in fact sinusitis, or perhaps something more like mononeucleosis?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 7th, 2009
Sore throats associated with snoring or sleeping with an open mouth can be treated with one or more of the following methods:

1.use a humidifier in your bedroom
2.gargle with warm salt water 4-5 times periodically throughout the day (1/2 tsp of salt to 1/2cup water)
3.increase your liquid intake throughout the day
4.try the popular home remedy of warm tea with honey
|

replied April 10th, 2010
I had the flu a few weeks ago which led to chest infection... so I was coughing badly for about a week and a half. However, it''s been about 2 weeks since my coughing stoped, but in the mornings now I have an acidic burning sensation in my throat and the feeling of a lump on the left side. I was wondering if it was acid reflux?? Have you found out anything with what you''ve experienced ''Galaxy''?
|