Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Seeing visions

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
Hello. I don't know where to start. I wonder if someone can tell me what could be wrong. When I was around 3 or 4, I started seeing an image of a woman. She wears what appears to be a black wedding dress. She has messy hair. She always stands by my door when I do see her. She only spoke to me once. She said, "shhh, it's okay." i'm afraid of her still to this day. I dream about her, and sometimes I believe I can feel her presence. After many years, I was talking to my older brother. The topic came up, even though we had never talked about it before. He has seen her as well. Now i'm not sure if she is real or imagined. We established by our ages, I was the first to start seeing her. Now days, I stay up all night securing the windows and doors, cause i'm afraid of intruders. After doing so, I think, " man they got me now, now i'm trapped, cause I nailed the windows shut, they tricked me." then after that, i'm afraid she's here. What is wrong with me? I'm now afraid of doors and can't sleep unless I can see them. They can't be behind me. I hate windows as well. Please can someone help me make sense of this. I just need a logical explaination. Thank you for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 18th, 2006
One logical explanation might be, that you need 'control' of your environment. Or some sort of prediction.

There are more logical explanations. Ask me if i'm unclear.
|

replied March 21st, 2006
First, you have to keep in mind that you are asking for help with a supernatural subject on a forum that is for people with bipolar disorder.
So you must be thinking some how that it is you and not a ghost.
Of course bipolar disorder can run in the family so maby your brother has it as well.

If so you need to be diagnosed asap. The sooner you seek help the sooner you can get diagnosed correctly.

If you think that there isnt anything wrong with you and you are seeing a ghost then I suggest that you find god, ask jesus for forgiveness of your sins and believe jesus is who he said he is. God can take care of all that stuff.

Of course looking for a psychiatrist asap would be the most prefered thing to do.

Good luck and god bless.
|

replied March 22nd, 2006
The thing is I do believe in god, and I believe through him all things are possible. I accepted jesus christ as my personal savior in 1996. The reason I posted this is because I want to know if other people have had the same problem. I don't think I have bi-polar or schizophrenia. If a doctor did an mri and could prove it, then i'd be able to do something about it. I once was put on risperadal when I was 19 years old. I know the doctor put me down as several different things. I was a drug user at the time, so I quit using risperadal. I'm just leary of such things I guess. The thing is, I use to see this woman until the age of 21 years. On and off that is. Now days, it's like I feel her presence or maybe it's my mind. Sometimes, someone calls my name, but no one is there. Everyone does once in awhile. Sometimes, I hear someone ask if they can come in. Once again, no one is there. Maybe my mind is sedative and that's the way the brain copes with being functional. Who knows? I don't know. I do have severe anxiety and depression. I don't know what to say about that. Everyone has that though, I think. I had such bad anxiety attacks that I actually had seizures for awhile. The depression has been pretty bad as well. I no longer want to committ suicide, because god gave me a beautiful son. My whole existence is for him. He's the reason i'm able to be here today typing to you. If he wasn't here, I don't believe I would be living. I really appreciate you replying to me, thank you.
|

replied March 22nd, 2006
You Must Go to a Psychiatrist Immediately
Your description clearly "suggests" that you are having hallucinations - auditory and visual also.
You must go to a psychiatrist immediately and take help.
Please remember - no one in the world can prove that you have any mental illness to you through mri or any other test. Medical science has not advanced to that stage yet regarding mental illness.

It is nothing wrong to go to a doctor and get help - he will decide. In all the mental illnesses , you must remember the person concerned thinks he is normal.

I too thought so , until I recovered from bipolar disorder. And I expericed hallucinations as you are.
|

replied March 23rd, 2006
I would have to agree with the person above this post.

Also read up on ghost in the bible, they are demons. Sounds like you might be suffering from a few demons of your own.

Keep asking. Jesus to make them go away.

But dont get stuck in that frame of mind. Its best that you seek out the help of a psychiatrist asap.

If one or more of your parents suffered from a mental illness their abnormal behavior could have influenced you in the wrong way as a child and you wouldnt even know about it. Growing up in such a way would leave you to believe it is common place.

I'm not saying your parents may have had something wrong with them I am just giving you a possibility that can be common in someone with bipolar disorder.

The one thing that helped me the most was .God
after I became a christian I began to soke up knowledg of all kinds.

Anything that interested me and as I learned the things that interested me began to grow. Through learning I began to understand myself better.

The more I understood the more I could control what was wrong with me.

This also got me closer to .God.

I understand more then anything that .God is a .God of love.

I dont know where or how he will do it, but .God will help you.

Keep praying and look for a psychiatrist that will be the best for you.
|

replied March 23rd, 2006
God , religion have a place in everyone's life including bipolar ones.
"blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see the lord" says bible.
The religious people behold god and not ghosts. You come nearer to god by religion not to ghosts.

Praying to god , knowing him helps a lot and indeed I think that is the greatest help for mentally ill people.
In a research study in india it has been understood that mentally ill people serving in a temple are recovering better that otherwise.

But still , you please understand , religion calls for a pure mind which is even better than the normal mind.

An ill peorson's mind on the other hand is below the normal mind. It is getting hallucinations. And this is exactly the reason we need to take the psychiatrists help. Please recognise that , hearing voices is a hallucination and requires medical treatment.
If it has any religious reason , you would not feel like you need help , rather you would have been very happy to have the experience.
The very thing that you need help shows it is having relation to a mental illness.

May the lord bless you.
|

replied June 28th, 2011
Am I crazy!! Just last night I awoke and when I squint my eyes I can see visions of people. They are going in fast motion. I open and closed my eyes four different times and saw different visions each time. I only see them if I squint my eyes not when I am fully awake. I just wondered if may I was still in sleep REM and that is why they were so clear. Weird.
|