Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Blue Cervix... Pregnant?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Can anyone tell me why my cervix would look pregnant (blueish color), have a neg pg urine test, had an utlrasound and my uterus is slightly swollen. I have to wait another week and a half to go tot the Dr.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hormones doesnt mean ur prego there another reason why everything could be happening but I cant remeber what it is anyways take a test if u feel preggers~!
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: Need Answers
momof4707 wrote:
can anyone tell me why my cervix would look pregnant (blueish color), have a neg pg urine test, had an utlrasound and my uterus is slightly swollen. I have to wait another week and a half to go tot the Dr.

just wondering how you know what color your cervix is right now???

Also...Uterus does swell before your period starts.

You need to give us more info here. Are you late for your period? Are you having any other symptoms? What made you take a pregnancy test?
It is possible to have a false negative early on in pregnancy...But I couldn't really give an honest opinion with out knowing more.
|

replied March 16th, 2006
More Info
I was 4 days late on my period and had really bad cramps, which I never have had! I wouldn't say it was a real period, 1 day on 1 day off, I started friday and by monday, I was just spotting, but I spotted for 3 days after that. I still have some cramping in my lower right side. I wait to go to the dr until monday, they ran a pregnancy test and said it was neg. I also got an exam, because of thecramping. My Dr. Asked if I had any pregnancy symtoms and consulted with another Dr. She said that my cervix looks pregnant??? When you are pregnant, it turns blueish or purpleish, I can't see the thing. She wanted me to get an ultra sound, I had one the very next day. The technician didn't see anything and said I could judt be to early pregnant to see anything. Well that was on 3/7/06, I just got a call last night from my dr and she said she just got the report and my uterus is slightly swollen. I shouldn't worry, I have to go back to the Dr. On 3/24/06 for another pregnancy test and exam since i'm not supposed to start my period util 3/27/06. Normally, I am clock work, have my period every 28 day. I was on birth control and don't know what is going on with my freaky body. I just want to know one way or the other. We have 4 kids already, so 1 more would be ok, but we weren't planning on any more. I was just looking for someone else's input on this whole crazy thing. Thanks so much for all of the responses. Leanna
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: More Info
momof4707 wrote:
she said that my cervix looks pregnant??? When you are pregnant, it turns blueish or purpleish, I can't see the thing.

lol! Yeah...I guess I should've figured that. But...Around here ya just never know! So yeah...I'd say based on everything...Your odds are pretty good. Some women just don't produce enough hcg in early pregnancy to be detected right at the start. And yeah...Pregnancy is very hard to pin point by ultra sound in the first few weeks. I'd buy a home preggo test though. The hcg doubles daily...So you might get a positive result now.
Hope this helps. :)
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Thank You
Thanks for the support. :d
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
My sister-in-law was 'pregnant' a couple of years ago and was going to a midwife. They couldn't find the heartbeat when they went to hear it the first time, so she ended up going to the hospital. It turned out she was developing like she was pregnant but there was no fetus there. It was really odd... Not saying this is what's happening to you, just saying there are strange alternatives.

However, I wish you the best and hope you get what you want!
|

replied October 5th, 2010
i had a c section about 9 years ago and my tubes were tied. i am having alot of health issues at the time.. cramping, low blood pressue, weight loss, major fatigue and all test so far normal. having a vaginal ulta sound on friday and my dr said on my pap smear my cervix was blue ish.... no way i could be pregnan, im fixed.. so it possible to get a blue hue on cervix even if your not..
|
Quick Reply