Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Eating Too Often?

Hi everyone!

It has been very informative to read all the posts, and I have learned quite a bit about what to eat and what not to eat and all. Thanks!

It has been exact two months since I stopped eating all the sugars and starches; I eat one serving of oat bran for breakfast, that's all the grain I eat for a day.

My only problem is that I am so hungry all the time particularly in the morning and in the early afternoon that I often eat every hour! This morning, I tried to space it out more and got extremely weak and felt faint too, and it was only a little over an hour after the last snack.

I don't know why i'm so hungry. It might be due to hormonal imbalance, i'm guessing, since I have severe pms symptoms, such as increased appetite, cravings for sweets and salt, irritability and fatigue. I know these all sound just like hypoglycemia symptoms !

Or could it be the chromium gtf supplement I started taking two days ago? I take those because I read they may help glucose utilization.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to whether I should eat by the clock, like every two hours, or would it be ok to eat whenever i'm hungry?

I apologize if my english might be a little difficult to understand as i'm from japan. Thanks.

Last edited by muffin2 on March 15th, 2006 06:22 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 15th, 2006
Gtt Results
Just to supplement the previous post, here are my gtt results;

fasting : 90
1st hour : 105
2nd hour : 91
3rd hour : 45
4th hour : 81
5th hour : 91
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Based on that I suggest eating every two hours. If you find yourself hungry, you need to increase your fat intake. If you can, add olive oil or just try to eat some form of animal fat.
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Thanks!
Ok, I will try eating more fat. Can I try other types of oils, other than olive oil? How about sesame oil and canola oil?
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi yukja,

ive heard coconut oil is good. What exactly are you eating? Because im having the same problem. I dont ever feel full - not actually hungry tho.
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2006
Community Volunteer
You want to try to feel not hungry, but not necessarily full, if you mean by this "stuffed" or something. I suppose you could try those oils. Coconut would be best because it is very beneficial to the body, but it tends to be expensive.
|