Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Climbing Stairs While U R 8 Months Pregnant..

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hie there,
im around 33 weeks pregnant..I want to know if it is advisable to climb n get down stairs...Whenever I meet any friends or relatives,they keep telling me to climb n get down stairs...I dont know if its advisable or recommended /.....Can u plzz advise...
As far as doing excercise or doing walking on plain surface is concerned ,i think its very good...But climbing stairs ,in fact as high as 5 floors gives me night mares...
Some few days back,i tried climbing n for 4 days I couldnt move my legs...
Plz plz plz advise///
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Fauzifti
|

replied March 15th, 2006
Experienced User
I'm just about 37 weeks pregnant and living in an apartment building go up and down the stairs almost daily. There's nothing wrong with it and it won't hurt you. Just make sure you take it easy and go at your own pace so you don't fall.
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Nothing wrong with climbing the stairs it wont hurt you or the baby in any way what is dangerous at this time is ur balance is off so hold on to something when ur going up or coming down the stairs. I fell down the stairs or just a few steps a few times and both my baby's are just fine!!!
|

replied March 15th, 2006
Experienced User
I guess if your not used to it that it could be a tiring thing.. Im 33 weeks, and I go up and down the stairs all the time lol im used to it but it obvioulsy does get a lil harder with all the baby weight you gained
|

replied March 16th, 2006
But is there anything like,if u climb n get down stairs,it easies ur delivery?
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I don't know, I never heard that climbing stairs eases delivery. I've heard that various positions can help ease delivery including standing with one leg raised and resting on a low chair or footstool which mimics climbing. However, like I said, i've never actually heard that .C.L.I.M.B.I.N.G eases delivery.

Besides i'd be scared to climb anything with a contraction coming on! :lol:
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Tigress when u get a contractions you dont even want to move so dont worry too much about that!!
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
:lol:
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Unless you're on bedrest or in active labor, you can do almost any normal daily activities you would normally do if you weren't pregnant. Climbing stairs is fine.
|

replied November 18th, 2013
i'm going downstairs for using toilet 14 to 15 steps. right now it is 33 weeks can i do same at 9th months and is it safe? using stairs are about atleast 8 to 10 times in a day.. is it safe now and later?
|