Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Should I Test On Thursday? (Page 1)

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
User Profile
Right heres the details!
My period was due today (28 day cycle) still no sign
i was going to test next week, about tuesday, because my periods have been irregular just lately.
My very close friend whom I havent seen for about 5 months is coming down on saturday and wants a girlie night out. So I decided to do a first response test on this saturday before going out so I knew whether it was ok for me to have a drink!
Now my fiancee is on about me testing on thursday (he's eager like me!!!)
will thursday be too early? What do you think? Baring in mind I have no symptoms at all, stomach cramps and cm have calmed down! :(
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 14th, 2006
Experienced User
How irregular have you been? Like have you been a week late with bfn? I would think thursday would be ok since you [possibly] already late...
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I am generally 28/30 days no later. But last month I was 39 days! I dont have any idea why because it cant be stress of ttc because I have been ttc for 4 mths now and it only happened last month.
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I just read on another post that first response are only 67% effective is this right? Never done one before I am usually a clear blue girl!!
|

replied March 14th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hey Jolie
Cool u have a miss period so I guess thursday wont be too early to test. Im excited for u let me know how the test goes. Hm I use first response but im not sure how accurate it is. Last month I tested few days earlier than my period and I saw a light line though. Anyway I hope u get bfp on thursday, baby dust to u ~~~
|

replied March 14th, 2006
Experienced User
jolie_3110 wrote:
i just read on another post that first response are only 67% effective is this right? Never done one before I am usually a clear blue girl!!

lol I think that was my post u read.....I meant that its 67% accurate if you test 4 days before ur expected period ...And yes as far as I know thats true or all early preg tests..Because many women still have really low hgc levels 4 days before their expect period..But the accuracy goes up with each day closer to ur period
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Ha, didnt know whos post it was! :)
well, me and my fiancee have had a talk and if I buy a 'twin pack' of first response I will test on thursday if its a bfn I will test again tuesday.
I kind of dont want to test though because I am so sure it will be a negative, so in some ways I am hoping to get my period before, does that make sense?
Cant take much more disappointment!
|

replied March 14th, 2006
I have just usrd first response and my 3 tests have come out positive
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hey congrats!! I hope I am that lucky!!!
|

replied March 15th, 2006
So jollie,

have u tested dear??? Just do the test, atleast u know whats happening...

Test and let us all know...
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Going to test tomorrow then again on tuesday if its negative!
|

replied March 15th, 2006
Good luck n once u test, let us know asap...

Take care.
|

replied March 15th, 2006
Wow
Jolie ur gonna test tomorrow lol im so excited for u. Heres tons of baby dust to u~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|

replied March 15th, 2006
Experienced User
Well even if you get a bfn tomorrow have a drink or two and get a bfp on tuesday, I wouldn't totally freak out! Lots of ppl have had a couple drinks in before realizing their pregnant...Unless ur going out to get totally smashed..In which case I dunno =) hope you get a bfp tho!

*********bbd*********
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Today is test day!
Thank you for all the good luck msg's!!! I probably do the test this afternoon while lucas has his nap. Bfn or bfp you'll be the 1st to know!
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Good luck to you jolie. I don't know how you kept yourself from testing first thing this morning.
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Good luck jolie! I just done a test at the doctors this moring, it was negative, but ive got to go back in 2 weeks cause ive only been showing signs for two weeks, so she thinks it might be to early! Butkeep us posted jolie, I have my fingers crossed for u!
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Negative! :( its strange because I keep getting period pains now so no doubt my af will start in abit!

If not i'll be testing again in tuesday! To be honest the negative wasnt a big surprise, I have no symptoms at all. Guess it just must be a long cycle like last month.
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Good luck jolie, i'm sorry about the negative. Looks like we are both in the same boat today :roll:
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Thankyou! Everyones been so nice!
I'm pretty gutted but I think I am getting used to the negatives! At least I can have a drink at the weekend without worrying now.
I just wish my cycles would go back to the 28days they used to be it would definitely be less confusing!
Wishing you a speedy 2 weeks and a bfp!!!!
|
12 >>