Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Fishy Smell in the Genitals, Itchy Feeling in the Rectum, an

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
about a year and a half ago i started feeling different. I have been having constant headaches, like pressure headaches. My lower back by my left kidney hurts, and i felt back pain before, it feels like it is something inside. My sexual region feels itchy and smells fishy. My right arm feels weak. I get a feeling as if i have a hair in my eye, but its not in there. I get an itchy feeling in my rectum and i can feel little balls in the opening, plus sometimes i bleed. I am scared I have got HIV, i was tested for everything else and it came back negative, i went for the Hiv test and i left to get the post test results, to scared. I was with multiple sex partners some unprotected, now i have been faithful to my girlfriend now for more than two years, but my health doesnt seem to be getting any better, my doctor said i had a spina bifida since when i was young, but would that give me all these symptoms.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2006
Sexual Health - Men Answer A632
That itchy feeling and bleeding balls in the rectum are likely to be caused by inflamed hemorrhoids (enlarged vein blood vessels). Itching and an accompanying fishy smell from the sexual region could be caused by a skin allergy or infection. You can go to a dermatovenerologist for that. Back pain can originate from back muscles or from the kidney. I don’t think that spina bifida from the past can cause present symptoms. I recommend you do blood/urine analyses and request an abdominal ultrasound to fully diagnose the cause of your symptoms.
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.