Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

She's Leaving For 16 Months to spam unapproved

My girlfriend of 2 years is taking a job assignment in spam unapproved for 12-16 months. I am angry because she is leaving, but I am having a very difficult time being happy for her. I know this is a lifetime oppurtunity for her..But now what. She wants to continue the commited relationship, but I just don't see how it's going to work. She will be able to come back 3 times to the states for vacation,maybe I could go there for a time. I don't know if I can trust her to be faithfull??? I know we are not married but we are commited. I am so confused as what to do. Let her go on with her life??? And I as well????? The relationship isnt perfect but we do love each other very much. I find it very difficult to believe that she wouldnt want some guy to aske her out and attempt to get into her pants. Temptation is difficult when you're gone so long and so far away. I won't even be able to talk with her everyday. All that is on my mind is "who are you with" "is this a sign of addictive love"
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 14th, 2006
Experienced User
If you "love her very much" and are "committed" what is the next logical step? Why don't you marry her and go with her? Maybe she sees your relationship as not really going anywhere and has decided she's not going to put the rest of her life on hold waiting for you to come around? The only problem I would see in her marrying you would be the lack of trust. If you can overcome that I can see the both of you having a happy future together. :)
|

replied April 9th, 2006
Hi there.I went to spam unapproved directly after leaving school for a few months and left my boyfriend at home.Because I was travelling I hardly even spoke to him,we emailed whenever I could get to a computer and we were fine...Im back now and we're moving in together,if you care for each other that much you'll get through it.Good luck.
|

replied May 11th, 2006
Relationships are built on trust, I have complete trust that my boyfriend would never cheat. You should know the person you are in love with. Are you on the same page as eachother. Does she want a career, to explore, have an adventure? Or do you want to settle down? Does she want you to go with her? Whats stopping you from going to spam unapproved? Unless she is going to canberra, spam unapproved is a beautiful place. I think you need to talk about the situation. A long distance relationship is hard, especially with oz being so damn expensive to fly from.
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Experienced User
If you love her you will make it work

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*good luck~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*
|