Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

a Question For Second Time, Third Time (or More) Mommies

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
To any ladies who have had more than one child....

When you had your first child did he/she come early, on-time, or late?
This is my first baby and i'm trying to figure out if first babies have a tendency to be born late or not. I'm getting really frantic in the countdown and am dying to get an idea of whether or not my m&m is going to make his scheduled curtain call... :lol:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 13th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
From what ive seen and heard most first timers are a little over due unless there have been complications, but me myself I havent even had one child lol
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2006
Community Volunteer
My son was my first and he was 4 days early.
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Tigres, elisa was born right on her due date and cameron was a week overdue you would have thought it be the other way around, anyways they almost induced me with cam cause my water broke with no contractions. Dont worry your lil m&m will come when hes ready and you never know when make sure you keep an open window two weeks before and two weeks after the due date!
|

replied March 13th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Despite not having any kids myself, I am the eldest of four, so...

Only my oldest brother was born on his due date. The rest of us were early, I think. I know I was three weeks early, and I think the other two were a couple of days early.
|

replied March 13th, 2006
My son was born two weeks early and now im pregnant with my second and hoping this one doesnt come early
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I'm hoping and praying for a smack on due date baby!!! I know, I know...Yeah right!
|

replied March 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
My first almost 2 weeks late, second over 2 weeks late, my last was atleast 2 weeks--we induced 2 times 2 weeks apart.

My mom on the other hand 6 mos, 7 mos, 8 mos, 9 mos, 10 mos.
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
My mom had six kids and only one went overdue the rest were early and two big preemies lol (mikey was 6lbs4 oz born at 32 weeks) you never know if you want him early try natural inducing stuff like sex, walking raspbery leaf tea etc
|

replied March 13th, 2006
Experienced User
Kirzten (my first child) was born @ 30 weeks due to ruptured membrane and now I think coz of i'm a gbs carrier we just found out recently. I'm on my 35th week now and my little one's still hanging on :) doctor's are on constant monitor due to my previous pregnancy but i'm a bit confident with this pregnancy now as midwife told me another week and they're quite happy with little one's progress as he's also big lol oh and I was injected with steroids to make sure he got stronger lungs just in case he decides to show up :)
but I still think each pregnancy of each individual varies...And normally firstborn would either be 2 wks late or wks early provided that there's no complications
|

replied March 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Group .B step--right. I have heard a lot of women have that. I really dont know anything about it--cept they check for it, and need to administer antibiotics right before, or during labor.
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Okay, no real pattern or standard for it, first time or not they'll pretty much just come when they want to. That sux. I was hoping so badly that there'd be some kind of rule of thumb as to whether first babies come at a certain time. Kind of like they say first baby's labor averages 12-15 hours. It was too much to hope for. :x oh well, the poor m&m he's stuck with a miserable mommy for 10 more weeks!!

.I. J.U.S.T. W.A.N.T. T.H.I.S. B.A.B.Y. O.U.T. Of. M.E.!!!!!!

Sorry i'm evil today I haven't had more than 4 hours sleep a night in the past 4 days. This kid's been kicking the crap out of me and rolling over on my bladder when he wasn't kicking. :evil:

if my posts have been a little crappy the last few days, please forgive me!! :oops:
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
My 1st child was born 2 weeks early by a planned c-section because he was breech, on the morning of the c-section I was really uncomftable so the midwife came over to check me out, she said it was just as well the c-section was planned because she didnt think I was going to last the rest of the day! 2nd baby came to weeks early too but naturally that time!
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I agree. There is no set record, all pregnanies are different, to me drs just guestimate anymore. When it is ready or the doc says it is time because he has an important golf game coming up(lol, only kidding) that is when it is time. My dr predicted my son on the exact day and my daughter was just one day off. Things will happen when it is time, just try to sleep now as much as possible because after they are born, sleep is no longer in your vocabulary.
Good luck
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I would if the little bugger would let me. I mean he's destined to be a kickboxer or something. I swear that little thing can kick!!! He wakes me up out of a dead sleep with the kicks he's been giving me in my ribs. I wake up all out of breath and confused and then he does it again and i'm like, that's why I woke up.
|