Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Muscle Twitching And Feelings Under Skin

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
Hi. I am 20 years old and in the air force. I recently completed basic training about 2 weeks ago and about a month or so ago when I was still in basic, I was having chest pains and pain in different parts of my body. They all began when I woke up one night with extreme pain in my left arm. About a day after that, I had a sever case of diarrhea but it was very strange in color and consistency. For about 2 or 3 weeks after that I was having pain like I said in my chest and arms and for some reason my knees as well. I went to the hospital several times and had x-rays and ekgs done and all was normal. So now when I arrived at my first base, about a week in my right thigh started twitching involuntarily for about an hour or so and from there all the other muscles in my body did too...Including my eyelids and the muscles in my nose and face. Over the past 3 days, I have been losing my appetite severely, feeling weak and not being able to sleep. Along with those symptoms, I hear my heart beating very hard whenever I lay down and I get strange feelings under my skin like as if a drop of cool water lands on your skin and runs down...Except its under my skin. Also, when I cover my ears or lay down with my ear on the pillow I hear a sound like a rattling or a car engine running. Finally, I feel occassional vibrations under my skin, usually in my legs, that last for a few seconds and I recently started feeling them on my toes. Any ideas if this is stress related or if I could be suffering from something else?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 12th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi drerunsit. I am a 21 year old female. It seems that you are suffering from anxiety and panic disorder. The flared anxiety could be a result from something else initializing it. For me, it has been narrowed down to either an allergic reaction or mitral valve prolapse. Read about mitral valve prolapse, I think you'll find it interesting. Anxiety can make you hurt all over.. Check out this link. Npadnews.Com/anxiety-symptoms.Asp

i think you should go to your primary care doctor, and have him send you for heart tests, to rule out more serious conditions. I am going to have an echocardiogram. Let us know how you are doing.
|

replied March 13th, 2006
Thanks a lot 21 year old female! I actually have been to a cardiologist and am scheduled for a cardiac mri because a potential pda showed up on my echocardiogram. It is not a serious condition and is corrected very easily...As a matter of fact, it is now an outpatient process I am told and no surgery is required. However, I was told that the symptoms I am having are not attributed in any way to this so that is why I am a bit concerned. But that article you linked me to really helped put my mind at ease because I was surprised how many of those things I have been experiencing. Just to be safe though, I am soon to see a neurologist and I have had extensive blood work done...All of which came back great. Thank you so much again you really helped me rest a little easier. Hopefully within the next few weeks all my medical concerns will be cleared up.
|

replied March 4th, 2009
your twiching could be related to Celiac Disease
Drerunsit, I also have a suggestion...get checked for Celiac Disease. I have a lot of your same symptoms and all my blood work came back normal until I was sent to a neurologist. He is the one who ran the blood work for Celiac disease! Please get checked, it has really helped out.
|

replied September 30th, 2011
Drerunsit, im sixteen years old and i'v had every one of those symptoms, and had everything checked out with my heart and they said im fine, its driving me crazy
|