Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Red Itchy Bumps On My Stomach (Page 1)

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Like a day ago I woke up stratching my stomach. When I took a look at it, it was red and had 2 red bumps. I dont know if something bit me or what but its itchy.
please reply
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper joey147
|

replied March 12th, 2006
I had something kinda like that but they opened and spread all down my legs. They said it was infintago and I would go to the dermatoligist right away. Cause they only keep spreading
|

replied April 4th, 2008
Bumps and rashes
Stuff like that can spread quickly all over your body. Make an appt. with a dermatologist. They will most likely give you a cream that will fix it right up. In the mean time, try not to scratch! Wash your hands and the affected area regularly. Also, moisturize the affected area with a non-scented hypoallergenic moisturizer such as Vaseline - AKA Petroleum Jelly. Sometimes it can itch more because the skin is dry. Good luck!
|

replied April 9th, 2008
Bumps
i have the same problem, i have a few small red raised bumps on my stomach and i am unsure of what these are.

some of them have white heads on but cant be spots as they are sooo itchy, i have around 5 on my stomach and one on my forearm near my ellbow, they seem to get more itchy through out the day and unsre of what they are?

any ideas??
|

replied April 27th, 2008
Stomach Rash
I have had a dry itchy rash on my stomach for over a month now. The Dermatologist prescribed a cream but I just went to see the Allergist and he's concerned about it. I will be taking some Allergy test and hope to get some relief.
|

replied August 26th, 2008
Red bumps
My daughter is two years old and has red bumps around her mouth and on her lips. They are almost like blistery looking. She goes to day care and is around a lot of other kids. Is it ok to still send her? I also have a cream that my doctor gave me when my son had a staff infection, Mupirocin. Would this be ok to use?
|

replied July 18th, 2010
bumps on my stomach
I have 6 red bumps on my stomach and two bumps on my wrist, and i went to my family doctor and he said that the bumps are there because of the heat, and that i should wear clothes that will help me stay cooler and that they will go away. Can you tell me if this makes sense and if anyone has anyother idreas hot to help it.
|

replied July 20th, 2010
I was hoping for an answer here. I am 75 years old and have 4th stage PKD. I have been experiencing tiny red bumps which grow a little larger, and the itch so horribly. These mostly appear on my chest and upper arms, but do appear elsewhere. I personally believe that my PKD is causing these bumps. I always seem to have at least 4 of them that itch terribly. Four different doctors have 4 different opinions, and none is correct. None of the medicines they have given me work, not at all.
The only relief I get is from wetting the areas around the bumps and applying skin softener. This controls the itching for a few hours. I'd sure like to hear that someone has an answer.
|

replied August 29th, 2010
I was getting itchy bumps on my stomach (they looked like mosquito bites). I thought I was getting bit by bedbugs or something but that's not the case. I noticed that after I stopped taking a One Daily Men's Multivitamin, ALL the itchy bumps went away. Maybe that has something to do with it. I'm not 100% sure and I'm afraid to take the vitamin again so I'll just leave well enough alone.
|

replied October 10th, 2010
Red bumpy itchy spots
I have red bumpy spots on the lower part of my abdomen, which has now progressed to my back. And previously I had a few on my legs too. They're so itchy, it's depressing. I think the more I scratch it the more it spreads because the fluid fom the spots release. And I do seem to go to bed with a lot of layers, so I'll start sleeping with out the duvet. It's so bizarre how me and my daughter get it, but nobody else in the house get it, like my mum and my brothers! I thought it was bed bugs, but I've hoovered my room and even the mattress, and changed the bed covers. It's a total mystery to me! It happened in september and now we're in october! I'm always the one who experience these red spots, my daughter doesn't get as bad as me.
|

replied October 19th, 2010
red itchy bumps
same here it happened in september and they were on my feet and some are still. And now I have them on my stomach about 12 i think anyone have an answer? im only 13 years old
|

replied October 19th, 2010
Apparantly I had (mild) shingles, according to the nurse practioner who I went to see last week. Her diagnosis was based on the fact the spots that I had showed a pattern of following the nerves. And that it was triggered by stress (and I have been stressed as I've just started uni and the commute kills me!).But my daughter's spots remain a mystery??- and just recently 2 new ones have come about on her arms. Anyways I'm healed now. It didnt take long for the spots to disappear like they usually do, it's just a case of when they'll return again- which is so annoying! Personally, I think it's down to diet - you can't go wrong with a healthy diet Wink
|

replied February 7th, 2011
Scabies!!!
|

replied August 8th, 2011
little red itchy spots on stomach
Mine started out with what looked like a spider bite, then I noticed more little red spots not really even a bump. Thought maybe I got into a spider nest somewhere.. But a week or so later they are still there and spreading slowly.. Itch like crazy.. Is it hives, rash, bugs, idk but it puzzles me and i cant go to the doctor since i have no insurance..
|

replied January 20th, 2012
red itchy bumps
it's scabies
|

replied February 2nd, 2012
Little Red Bumps
i have little Red bumps That ich Really Bad On Myi Lower Stomach Like an inch under Myi Belly button . ! I wanna Know what They Are???? !!!!
|

replied February 23rd, 2012
I have the same thing, it started with a little patch under my stomach I used vaseline it helped and now I have it around it. I really want to know what this is.
|

replied February 23rd, 2012
I have the same thing, it started with a little patch under my stomach I used vaseline it helped and now I have it around it. I really want to know what this is.
|

replied May 19th, 2012
re: red itchy bumps on skin
I just had the same thing for the past 5 months and after 2 doctor visits (the first one misdiagnosed it as 'bug bites) it turned out to be a type of folliculitis, which is a bacterial infection of the skin. it started after i fell and scraped my knee & right arm. the 2nd doctor prescribed Doxycycline antibiotic and it's all but cleared up. If you don't have insurance, check with your local major chain drugstore, a lot of them now offer walk-in clinics and are affordable. don't let them just tell you it's bug bites. bed bugs usually will bite whatever part of your body is exposed & easiest to get to, not travel all the way under your clothing to bite you under your armpit, breast, stomach, back of knee, etc. it's probably a bacteria that is in your skin and will flare up after shaving or obtaining any small cut. you need to get antibiotics to kill it off completely. i did the 10 day course of antibiotic but was still getting one or two so i called & had my doctor prescribe me another course of 10 days just to make sure it's completely gone. to get minimize the itchiness, try Aveeno oatmeal bath when you bathe or shower, or a topical cortizone cream but you do need to go to the doctor to get the antibiotics to kill off the infection. this will not go away on its own, no matter how much homeopathic stuff you try. believe me, i tried it all.
|

replied January 22nd, 2013
Scabies.... -_-
I slept over my dreadlock friends house,
He doesn't really take showers and is pretty earthy,
I slept on the floor with a blanket a couple of times,

Now I have a itchy rash like poison ivy or oak,
Went to the chemist, they sad its scabies,
It's mites digging into your skin and laying eggs and repeating the process,

It's from being in a unhygienic place or hugging holding someone that is dirty.

Sigh*
|
12 >>
Quick Reply