Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

lost strength in hand

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Lately i've been having problems with my hands . I've lost my strength and have problems holding things and can't make a fist. It feels like i'm the mussels are streched when making a fist.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I am no dr but it could be coming from a pinched nerve in your neck or it could it be carpal tunnel or arthritis?
|

replied March 20th, 2006
Soak your hand in some lukewarm water for 5 to 10 mins to get some cirulation back in your hand ( for just right now)
if you still have pain coming in you need to see a hand doctor, cause it might be arthiritus in the palm of your hand not your fingers.
|

replied March 28th, 2006
Hand Pain
I have had two forms of hand pain, one is when you wake up in the night to hands that have 'pins & needles' & later pain...Those were my symptoms for carpel tunnel which I had surgery for last year.
Then three months ago I had my two thumbs become very painful in the base joint & I could not bend my thumbs & my little finger which when I closed my hand would stay closed. I would have to pull the finger back.
This is called trigger fingers which I had surgery for to release them.
Although that was sucessful my both hands are still swollen & very painful.
Both these conditions suddenly came when I was trying to get off the drug prednisolone which I had been taking for six years for polymyalgia
rheumatica. This drug masks all sorts of conditions & while I am off it now
i am really suffering with pain in all my joints, which I am told is inflammation. Pmr is inflammation of the muscles.
|
Quick Reply