Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Child Support?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
The father of my baby is only 15, and is still in school, I was 16 when I got pregnant and im now 17. I was wondering, considering that he left me, would I be able 2 claim child support when the baby is born, even though he has no job, and is underage??

Casey
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 8th, 2006
Experienced User
What state do u live in?? I don't know if this helps but I got my b/f for child support and at the time he wasn't working so is mom paid it, I mean she was more than happy too. But now he's working and paying for it. Does his mom seem happy to be a "grandma"?
|

replied March 8th, 2006
Experienced User
Im not sure I havent really spoken to her since my bf left me. Aswel he has told his mum that the baby isnt his, so maybe thats why she hasnt got in touch...
|

replied March 8th, 2006
Experienced User
Don't mean to sound mean, but u know forsure that the baby is his??? Don't mind me asking when ur baby is due??? I was 15 when I got pregnant and 16 when I had him, I am 18 now and he will be two in a couple of wks.
|

replied March 8th, 2006
Experienced User
Yes 100% the baby is his, he lived with me for a month when I conceived and my last intimate boyfriend was last may.
|

replied March 8th, 2006
Experienced User
My last period was 19th december 05, and I am about 11 weeks, I have my scan on monday
|

replied March 8th, 2006
Experienced User
Well that's cool, let me know how everything goes. As for the child support, as soon as baby is born have dna test done. That's what I would do. Oh and forgot to tell u congratualtions, ofcouse if that's what u want. Me and my b/f are trying for number two. I go to the doc. On the 21st to see so good luck at ur doc. Appointmen
|