Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Bumps Under Skin Near Muscle

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
I'm not sure if this is the correct health topic (fitness) to be posting under, but I was curious if fitness could possibly be the cause of my problem. First of all i'm a very active 23 year old who participates in many sports. Over the past few years I have noticed bumps, possibly cysts, near a few different muscle groups on my body. Each bump is about the size of a pea, some a tad bigger, but not by much. None of them hurt or have grown in size, but they do move a little bit under my skin when I touch them. I have two on my abdomen, one on my left side near my ribs, one on the back of my thigh, one on my upper arm near my bicep and another on the inner part of my bicep, and finally one on my forearm. My mother had a few sibations(sp) cysts growing up so im possibly thinking it could be that but I was curious if anyone has heard or possibly knows anything about these. I plan on visiting a doctor soon, but unfortunately don't have the time at this point. Please respond if anyone as advice or has had or knows someone who has had something like this in the past. I was told awhile ago by a friend that their brother had bumps like that and was very athletic and didn't have a lot of body fat. I'm not sure if this is the reason or not but I appreciate any posts in response. Thank for your time
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 20th, 2006
Re: Bumps Under Skin Near Muscle
I have the same thing on my right forearm, under the bicep. I just noticed the other day and when I pushed on it, it hurt a little, but no other times...Then the next day i've got a large back and blue mark. I'm wondering what happened with you bc i'm a little freaked out about. Just 3 years prior I had an artery rupture in my lung and I nearly drowned in my own blood. Please let me know what you found out, its going to be awile before I can see one. Thanks
|

replied April 15th, 2011
I also have these bumps, although i am not sure if they are the same as what you two are speaking of, mine are actually in somewhat of a pattern and is why i am not sure if its normal or not. I was a very athletic girl up until about a year ago, i played every sport in the book pretty much since i can remember, i also have played hardball since i was 5, i have somewhat recently lost a bit of weight and am now quite thin...im talkin was 145-150 and i now weigh 105, so i have a good layer of athletic built muscle. Now on the shin of both legs, a little off to the outer side of each leg i have two bumps in a line that protrude when i walk or the muscle is flexed or worked at all. I also have about 3 on my neck, one on the side abit about double the size of a pea, and the other 2 about the size of a pea and both are higher up at the hairline on my neck. It is very odd because you both have cases where they are in random areas on the body yet mine i have on my legs and neck. I am also going to ask this same question on the health website i use before i also head to the doctor.
|