Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Skin in contact with silver nitrate

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
Recently i've came into contact with silver nitrate, a small amount, I read up about it, and so far all the symptoms check out, irritation, redness, black scaring or some thing, burning sensation, and its eating away at my skin. Its on my left hand a bit, end of my index finger and the rest spread over my palm, and some up the bottom side of my arm, thats where its eating away at the skin, and most irrative, about 4-5 black dots. Should I do any thing about this? Or will it correct it self over time?. Its been about 40 hours now, so all the solutions i've found on the net were immedient solutions, any way, thanks for any help you can give me.
Aiden
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2006
Acne, Skin Disorders Answer A786
You are right; too long a time has passed since the accident with the silver nitrate... there is nothing to do but to wait for skin to be heal by itself. Under the supervision of your doctor, you might apply antibiotic balsam to prevent bacterial infection of the wound. Also, you can ask for help from a dermatologist. If there big scars after recovery are still present, plastic surgery may be required.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.