Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Is the Sperm Suppost to Fall Out? (Page 1)

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Ok this may seem gross but every time we ttc it falls out. We've even tried different ways but it always comes out. Is there something wrong with me? Could this be why we're not pregnant yet? Does anyone have any advice on how I can keep it in so we can finally have a baby..... Please help!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper megums1211
|

replied March 4th, 2006
Experienced User
Even though it feels like alot comes out there is plenty left in, they swim very fast. Have you tired keeping you hips elevated on pillows after sex?
|

replied March 4th, 2006
Experienced User
Yea, we've tried that. But it seems like everytime I get up (even if I lay there for a hour...Lol) it falls out. Maybe I do really have a problem with me. I know the sperm swims fast but I always try to make myself believe its something little like that. So how long would you say to lay before trying to get up. Oh and also I just looked at a website that was suppost to help me figure out when im ovulating and its on my birthday (march 11th) so how long before and how much should we try? I know alot of questions but you guys help out so much. Thanks alot for the advice. Baby dust to everyone...... Love bree!
|

replied March 4th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Well you can lay there as long as you want but when you get up it's going to come back out no matter what. What goes in must come out. It's not like your body absorbs the semen. I used to lay there for about 20 minutes to a half hour. And based on your dates i'd say start having sex on the 9th and do it through the 12th. Some people say to do it every other day because doing it every day reduces the sperm count but I did it every day and i'm now pregnant. So it's up to you how often you want to go at it. Good luck!
|

replied March 5th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Can u share ur success story with us?
|

replied March 5th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Bree, I experience the same thing. It seems like every time my husband and I ttc his sperm flows right back out.... Even if I lay there all night, when I get up in the morning to pee, its in the toilet! My mom said that its not actually the sperm itself that is flowing out... She said that what's coming out of me is "semen" which is what carries the sperm through ejaculation, and that you can't actually "see" the sperm (they are microscopic, about 1/200 of an inch... She said that when the semen is ejaculated, after a time frame of about 10-15 minutes, the sperm and the semen have separated and the sperm are already on their way to the falopian tubes! Go figure!
|

replied March 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Good Question
Megums1211, you mom has it down. The sperm and the semen do seperate, somewhat. Seman is so thick and slimy to help it stay in there a little better and to give the guys something to swim through. Almost like a lubracant. However, not everyone that "came" for the party makes it through the bouncer at the door. Some of the sperms don't make it through the cervix or starts swimming in the wrong direction. (down and out). That is why there are so many of the little buggers. Of the ones that make it past the cervix, some get lost in the uterous and don't find the tubes before they expire. So, the strongest little guys are the ones that make it to the finish line. There is absolutely no way to keep it from coming out of you after sex. Not moving for 20 minutes or so helps point them in the right direction. However, after they make it past the cervix, they are on their way and laying down doesn't help anymore. I have found that placing a towel under you after sex to catch what may slip out helps keep the bed/couch/table or what ever you were laying on at the time a little cleaner and allows you to use it to make it to the bathroom so you don't end up with a lot on the carpet on the way. My doctor told me that sex everyday may lower the sperm count a little, but not enough to matter. It actually helps to have an active sex life. The more often you have sex, the more often your man produces more sperm and the little guys are more healty. It only takes one really strong one to make it all the way. Also, alcohol can mutate the sperm and bend their little tails. So, men are not supposed to have more than one or two beers a day at the most if they are trying to conceive. Alcohol doesn't make it impossible to get pregnant, as many drunk college kids will tell you, but it doesn't help the odds. Sorry about the novel I just wrote here.
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi I actually just posted the same story on myself. I know how you feel I dont want any kids right at the moment so it is not a problem but what I i try to later will I be able to. My bf cum never stays inside of me no matter how long I lay there so that is not the answer, I think that some of it makes it in but the rest falls out(pours out in my case) well I wanted to let you know you are not alone on this one and if you find a way to keep it in help me please.
|

replied March 20th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
You don't need to "keep it in". The semen is like the protective coating for the sperm. When the semen is released inside your body the sperm seperates and starts swimming towards the goal. The semen will leak out no matter how long you lay there and whatever position you lay in. There's nowhere for it to go inside you so eventually it has to come out. Prop your hips up or lay on a pillow if you want to keep it inside you longer.

And to toocrunkfaya05 - if you don't want kids now i'm hoping you're relying on a form of birth control. Just because things leak out does not mean you're not going to get pregnant. It just takes time.
|

replied March 20th, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks Everyone
I figured it was suppost to fall out eventually but the fact that im not preggy yet I blame everything. My mom went to wal-mart today and bought me prenatal vitamins because someone told her it wouldn't hurt for me to already have all those vitamins in me. It's sad when family wants you to have a baby just as much as you do. Well thanks again you guys....
|

replied March 20th, 2006
Experienced User
Good luck bree! Prenatal vitmains are a good thing they say to take 3 months before ttc.
|

User Profile
replied December 17th, 2009
hey everyone... ive been trying to conceive since the 7th and i tried on monday and then thursday and saturday and today... i was fertile monday through thursday...the semen and sperm do seperate and no matter what you will have something come out.. but what i have been doing to keep my mind off of the sperm and semen inside me because i would like to have it in there longer, i would go to sleep after both of us were done because then when i wake up a few hours later... the sperm should be good and on their way. good luck to you !!! wish me luck also.. i find out next week between monday and friday if im pregnant.. i havent figured out which day yet.. but im thinking maybe ..... wednesday . But i will keep you in my prayers and pray for you to have a baby if you return the favor.

We are all in this together
~Meagan
|

replied December 17th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Conception isn't a smart bomb, it's a black Friday sale. Only a few get what they're after, the rest walk out dejected. Remember only one sperm cell fertilizes the other 25-40 million just die. Sperm reaches ovum in about 40 seconds, the sperm cells that are straggling and catching up at that point aren't the ones you want to fertilize anyway. After you catch your breath and smile and trade compliments with your husband any semen that remains in your vagina is just chaf and you're more than welcome to let it drip out, no fertility risk at all.
|

replied December 29th, 2009
Semen stings
When my Husband comes inside me it stings for ages. We are trying for a baby for five months, is this effecting my chances? Am i allergic to his semen?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I can't imagine stinging doesn't hurt your chances for conception. I'd talk to your OBGYN and find out for sure what's causing it.
|

Especially eHealthy
elefinn, Some women becomes allergic to a protein in their partner's semen suddenly for some unknown reason.

The hyposensitization treatment recommended for a semen allergy is very simple, very effective and easily done by a medical doctor. The treatment needs to be repeated once a year until the allergy just goes away again (also for some unknown reason).

If that is indeed what you have, it does not effect your fertility but it will probably make you have sex less often which will affect your chances of becoming pregnant.

As W0LF said, see your doctor.

Best of luck with TTC!
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2010
fallout boy
i have the same proble, also ttc... wolf thanks for your answer helped a lot x
|

replied January 11th, 2010
Ovulation
Hello Eveyone my huband and i have been trying for nearly 3 yrs but he has a low sperm count. We have been through ICIS twice(a form of IVF) 1st ended in Miscarriage, 2nd it just never worked! Were just going2 try the normal way for now but i'm still abit confused about ovulation. How can u work it out?
Baby dust to us all.

Jane Clare
|

replied February 5th, 2012
same my boyfriend has low sperm count and we have been trying for 3 yrs to how long does it take
|

replied January 11th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
cj01
A low sperm count shouldn't affect your ability to carry the child once your fertilized. Have you seen your OBGYN about the Miscarriage?
|

replied April 5th, 2010
hello everyone!!!im also facing the same thing.guess it happens with evryone.im also trying for a baby from last month ad evrytime we do it it comes out no matter how long i lie down in bed.even after an hour it comes out.but i guess from all ur answers that this wont be a prob.so all the best to all of you.and hey!!!!wish me also the same.thanks alot for writing all this.it has helped me a lot.i was so tensed tht may be there some prob in me.thanks again!!!!!
|
Quick Reply