Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

102.0 Fever At 8 Months????

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I just came down with a fever last night but did not know it until today and I have a bad cough . I took a couple tylenol and a lukewarm bath and the fever went down to 100.3. It is friday night and I dont want to make a trip to the hospital unless it is urgent. Has anyone experienced a fever late in pregnancy and is it harmful to the baby. I know the books say contact your dr but it is a little late in the day. Any suggestions???
Thanks jordan
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Keep on the tylenol, no more than required and see if it goes down. If it dont go down pretty soon, I myself would take the dreaded trip to the er. I know that it is such a pain.

It is like a new born now as far as things like that go---i would think. Maybe you should try and call the .Dr just to make sure.

Its not a little helpless fetus that cannot regulate its own temp by now---right?? The reason it is bad early on is because they have no way of regulating their own temperature, (they have no fat for insulation either--early on)but I would think by 8 months it would--

good luck. Do you know why you are running a temp? Temp usually means infection--and infections might be bad for the baby though.
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Babies cant regulate their temparatures even for a few months after birth I would give it another day and then go in!! Good luck!
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Well, learn something new everyday--but none the less --newborns do get fever when they get sick----so I was trying to say they handle it differently than a younger fetus would. And since she is 8 months---it would be much like a newborn at this point.
|