Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

37 Wks Dilated 1cm....any Tips On How to Speed Progression?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am so ready to pop this kid out! Any tips on speeding things up?? My doc said he could "strip the membranes". Apparently being 1cm dilated isn't enough to do this procedure. I've heard advice like "walk, and "have sex". Done both.......Next check up is this tuesday.
Any other tips anyone has?

Forgot to add (another pregnancy issue.....Forgetting!) the doc says I am "to term". The baby is fully formed and can survive on her own at this point.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm early into my first pregnancy, so I don't really know.. But I have heard from quite a few people that getting membranes stripped is worthless. That it makes you sick and doesn't help at all. But I don't know, maybe it's just some people. *shrug*
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
My friend had the membranes stripped with two pregnancies. One result was a baby that evening....And the other came a week later. It all depends. No hard and fast scientific 100% sure way to get anything done I guess. It's hard to remain patient at this point!
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Ya theres no proven method im 37 weeks and 2 days and he isnt coming any faster and ive drank a whole pitcher of raspberry tea tried the sex it hurts my hip to walk to long so I dont think that helps were just screwed and they are never coming out!
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2006
Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha hahahahhahahahahahahahaha...........Hahaha hahahahhahhaaa.

Good luck! If you find anything let me know! I am 39 weeks pregnant and been dilated since 34 weeks...I was told on tuesday that it would be anyday now...Still nothing!! I've officially decided that this kid will .N.E.V.E.R come out! I've done everything (minus the sex as I am single). I 've walked (i even want as far as running! Not an easy task), i've eaten spicey foods, blah everything! I take raspberry leaf tablets (and just to stomp on macysmamas hope a bit more :p) they're not really ment to put you into labor but to help you once you do go into labor. I don't honestly know what else to do.

I've gotten the "nesting" urge several times...I have regular (but not strong enough) contractions.

So good luck to you! Hehehe. Atleast you know you will have ababy for sure by 42 weeks!

Kimmie
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Ive givin up kimmeh im dealing with the fact hes never coming out of me
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2006
Lol same here. We'll have a club...The i-have-50-year-old-baby-still-in-me club... :lol:
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Lmao we are prob depressing the original poster
|