Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Ttc-sex Everyday Or Once In 2 Days?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Hi there, need some suggestions and ideas?

1) is it ok to have sex everyday?
2) will it reduce the sperm count?
3) or should sex be done once in two days?

Anyone who the answer, pls reply. Thanks in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I've heard that doing it every day does reduce the sperm count, but I don't know... We did it every day and here I am 5 and a half weeks pregnant. We probably took 1 day off a week and that was just because I needed a break! And for the record, I wasn't so obsessed with ttc that I made my fiance have sex every day, that's just how often we've always done it. Now I feel bad for him because my sex drive is pretty much completely gone right now.

You could always do it 2 days then skip 1 then do it 2 then skip 1. I don't think doing it every day greatly reduces the sperm count, maybe a little though.

Good luck!!!
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Thanks. Coz I heard so but whether it's true I dun no. Now I know u had sex everyday n u still managed to conceive, so it shouldn't be a barrier if u have sex everyday, right?

Great. Anyone else with other views
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
I would think that you would only have to think about it if your fiance has a problem with his sperm.

Good on you both for having the time to have sex every day!
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Wow
Lol I never tried having sex everyday seems tiring. Cool u manage to do it iheartmybostonterrier hehe. I think I go for every other day.
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
No it does not reduce sperm count. To make it easier you can start about two to three days before you ovulate and do it every day until two or three days after. But realize that you should only do it once each day. You will wear him out if you do. That way he can rest enough to attempt for the following days.

It doesnt reduce your sperm count but rather increases your chances of conceiving.

Good luck! I am ttc too!
|

replied March 4th, 2006
If it really helps in conceiving n doesn't reduce sperm count or quality, I would take the challenge to have sex everyday around the ovulation period. I really want to have a baby soon.

Thanks friends!
|

replied March 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Try it for at least 3 day. Example if you ovulate today, you need to try yesterday, today and tomorrow. If all these fails, you may have other problems. Could be hormons, or lining not thick enough, mucus killing the sperms, block fallopine tubes, sperms something wrong....Etc

lovablepetsworld, did your hubby go for sperm test? Mine didn't. He just refuses...I hope he is not the problem....Will let you know the good/bad news.
|

replied March 6th, 2006
debb75 wrote:
try it for at least 3 day. Example if you ovulate today, you need to try yesterday, today and tomorrow. If all these fails, you may have other problems. Could be hormons, or lining not thick enough, mucus killing the sperms, block fallopine tubes, sperms something wrong....Etc

lovablepetsworld, did your hubby go for sperm test? Mine didn't. He just refuses...I hope he is not the problem....Will let you know the good/bad news.

hey gal, we have something to share again. My husband didn't go for a sperm test too. He refuses but he promised after seeing me suffer and struggle with all this medications like clomid and metformin, that if this cycle didn't work, he will go for the sperm test to do his part in making the baby...

But I hope it won't be necessary, we will get pregnant, let's be positive.
|

replied March 7th, 2006
Experienced User
I hope both of your husband's change their mind about the test. It is so simple. Most places let you collect the sample at home. I even took it to the lab for my husband so he never had to show his face at the clinic.
|

replied March 7th, 2006
How long does the test result take to come? What do u have to do?
|

replied March 7th, 2006
Experienced User
My dh just had to provide a sample and get it to the lab within 1 hour. I worked in the building so I just dropped it off on my way to work. It only took about a week for us but it was at a military hospital. I don't know how long it takes in the real world.
|

replied March 7th, 2006
My doc informed me that having sex everyday for normal occassions is fine. But for baby making on fertile and important days, it is advisable to do it 2days once. This is to produce quality sperm. It seems to be out of all the sperms that ejaculate out, only 10% are quality sperms. So doing it everyday the man might not be able to produce alot of semen.

But I think it depends on each individual... So good luck in making that baby.
|

replied January 26th, 2009
can u really
so you can get pergnant having sex everyday ..and even if he bust in me everyday ..and im not on nothing?
|

replied January 26th, 2009
can you really
can u get pergnant if he bust in you everyday and im not on nothing?
|

replied July 22nd, 2011
I think I'm having a different prob here. My husband is really into sex. We often fight about it because he thinks I don't love him because I don't like having sex everyday. I even sometimes flip when he stars touching me. What is my prob?
|
Quick Reply