Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Babies Size!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Throughout my pregnancy, I have been measuring perfectly up til my last doctors appointment, I was a week behind (i am 36 wks). My doctor doesnt seem concerned. Will this mean my baby will be smaller at birth? Should I request an ultrasound? I am worried!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 2nd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
It could just mean your baby is low down cuz when I went for my 33 week I measured 35 becuase he was all up at the top. Then a gain they told me he would b big so... Dont worry tho if your baby is a lil small she or he will b easier to push out! Lol
|

replied March 2nd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Lol...My Dr. Doesn't even use the .Cm tape measurer he just uses his hands...He let me feel her head at the Dr. Appt!!! I hope he pulls out a measurer though!! Cuz I am the most paranoid person you'll meet and I wanna make sure everything is perfect!!!!

Sarah
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
Sometimes little one conceals himself well inside the womb. And my measurements aren't really stable too I used to measure a lot smaller during first trimester. Now i'm measuring 2 weeks ahead of little one's gestational age.In some cases some women just have smaller little ones but theyre perfectly healthy if your doctor's not worried about it then probably the measurements isnt that far behind.
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I'm at 27 weeks and i'm measuring 29. I've consistently measured 2 1/2 weeks ahead. The nurse I spoke with said they measure to see how the baby's developing but that it really doesn't mean anything because I could simply have a large baby. It won't necessarily affect my due date or baby's health in any way. Seems kind of pointless to me after learning that.
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
My Dr. Basically is checking to make sure my uterus is still growing accurately.....

My next appt. I get to experience my first cervical check!! Yay!!!

Sarah
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
My measurements went down, that's due to the bay's head being down. Also called "lightening" or having the baby "drop down". It means she or he is practicing the escape route position. My baby has been head down for 3 weeks. I've only gained 22lbs, and am 37, almost 38 weeks along. The doc says 7 1/2 pounds give or take.
I was 6 lb 5 oz. My husband had to make me freak the other day by telling me he was 10 lbs! Chances are the baby is fine, and weight is normal. Have you had a ultrasound lately? I got one at 8 months, which was routine from what I understand. They can guage the weight from that.
|