Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

"slipping" On Outside of Knee

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
Twice now i've experience a sharp and extremely intense pain on the outside of my left knee while sitting down. I'll begin to stretch out my knee and immediately feel an incredible pain on the outside of the knee. The pain will subside but I can still feel pressure on the side of the knee and it's slightly bent. When I stretch out my leg there's an audible "pop" as something snaps from the top side of my knee to the outside of my knee. Do you know what has happened and should I be concerned?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2006
Experienced User
the Same Thing
Hello, I have also experenced the same kinda thing with my knee that you have explaned and I also would like to no if it is something that I have to worry about or not. What happeneds to my knee is that when I kneel down my knee gives way. Its also feels like it is sliding out of place. The pain I get is very extream and sometimes it is hard to walk after it happenes.The pain could last for a couple of hour`s to days. This has been happening for the last half a year. I am only 15 and in good shape. I have always been involved in sports but I havent been training since september since my sport was of for winter. Now that it is starting back up I am worry to go back training incase I badly injure my knee. But first I have to find out what is wrong with it. If anyone knows anything about what im am experencing please let me know as I am very worried about it.
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
Also this has happened to my elbow in my right arm 4 or 5 times. If anyone knows if what is happening to my knee is normal or serious please let me no.
|
Quick Reply