Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

How to Eat Brewer's Yeast

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
Stan,

i bought a jar of brewer's yeast yesterday, and this morning, I tried to have a tablespoon of it with unsweetened soymilk, but it was so hard to swallow. Might be a silly question, but you swallow the brewer's yeast first and dring the soymilk, or you mix the yeast with soymilk? I tried the both ways, but either way, it sort of got stuck in my throat, and couldn't finish it all. Tell me how you do this.

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Yeah, took me awhile to do this right. There is a certain brand that makes brewer's yeast in a form called "brewer's yeast buds," which mixes easier with liquids than the typical kind. What I do is put the tablespoon of it in my mouth, take a mouthful or so of water and swish it around so it becomes a mixture, then swallow. You might have to do it a few times, but this is the best way. It's hard to get it to mix well directly. After this, I drink the soy milk. If the soy milk seems to do something, i've heard you can also take a calcium tablet, but you must have some calcium with it because of it's high phosphorus content. Calcium helps you body process it, and soy milk seems to work the best because most calcium tabs contain additives or are too much at once for the body to handle.
|

replied April 15th, 2009
brewer's yeast
I understand it have to be dried and killed, and then used as a dietary supplement for its B vitamin content. Because I was told not to eat live yeast as it take vitamins am I right.
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2009
Community Volunteer
That's true. The brand I mention is inactive yeast.
|

replied June 7th, 2009
soy??
i thought you said that if you are hypoglycemic, then you should avoid soy products at all costs?? :S
|

replied February 1st, 2011
brewers yeast
Why not use Nutritional Yeast? i find it pallatable and does the same thing as brewers yeast.
|
Tags: hypoglycemia
Quick Reply