Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Does Baby Movement Feel Like This??

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Hey girls... I am 15 weeks pregnant and have been feeling what I call "twinges" every now and then. Almost like a little muscle spasm that lasts a second or two. Do you think this is the baby I am feeling??

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 27th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi Designergal
How are u? Hehe I havent been preggy yet so I wouldnt know about ur question, but I read first movements feel like fluttering of a bird hehe that sounds interesting.I guess its probably a really gentle fluttering I dont know hehe. I was curious are u showing yet =)
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Hey there! I always hear it is supposed to feel like "fluttering" but I feel little twinges...Like when your eyelid gets a spasm in it?? Haha...That is the only way I can describe it.

Oh..But I am showing now! Some people have started to rub my belly...Even though it is little. :)
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Hehe
Thats cool u are showing. I just read during weeks 13-16 might even feel baby hiccup that just so cute hehe did u experience that yet? Sorry so many questions im just curious lol.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Hahah...That would be neat to feel! I do not think I have felt that yet. I cannot wait though!

Let me know if you retest again!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Re: Does Baby Movement Feel Like This??
designergal wrote:
hey girls... I am 15 weeks pregnant and have been feeling what I call "twinges" every now and then. Almost like a little muscle spasm that lasts a second or two. Do you think this is the baby I am feeling??

Thanks!

that's probably the baby.......... How exciting :d
|

Extremely eHealthy
I did feel those in my early weeks. Kinda feels like hiccups in an older fetus---but I havent had any of those. I did however have the spasms you are talking about--thought they were strange. Didnt notice this with my earlier pregnancy's over 20 years ago.
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2006
Community Volunteer
My mom explained in a way that made sense and felt exactly right. It's like when you catch a butterfly in your hands, that's what the kicks feel like.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I am still not feeling anything.....I think that it's the baby and then it's just gas......I am 17 weeks and I just want to feel my little skoot. I may have felt little flutters however I am not sure if its the baby or just gas. Next week is my u/s. I know that my skoot is in there but not big enough to let me know the he/she is in there.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thanks for all the replies ladies! It feels so weird..Like an eyelid twitch but not as long. If that makes sense!! Maybe because I am short (5'2") and have a shorter torso I can feel it sooner??? Don't have a clue. :)
|

User Profile
Supporter
designergal wrote:
thanks for all the replies ladies! It feels so weird..Like an eyelid twitch but not as long. If that makes sense!! Maybe because I am short (5'2") and have a shorter torso I can feel it sooner??? Don't have a clue. :)

with my first, I felt him move at 14-16 weeks.

I felt the same feeling as you do when you're on a ride that drops quickly. That was how I compared the early movement to.

Either way, it's amazing!!!
|

replied February 10th, 2009
Baby feelings...
I'm 18 weeks now...almost 19 weeks. The most I've felt (other than gas bubbles) is a strange muscle spasm/twitchy feeling too. I think it's normal. I haven't figured out if it's actually the baby or not though, as I've only felt it twice.

Congrats on your baby. Smile
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2009
My friend is 13wks and says she feels little twinges every now and then and KNOWS it's her baby. I didn't feel any good kicks until about 22wks (I'm also not exactly thin).
|

replied February 11th, 2009
confused???
i hae been getting most pregnancy syptoms:
> tiredness
> dizzyness
> bigger breasts
> mood swings
> headaches
> frequent urination
> lower back ache
> abdominal cramping
> bigger and harder stomach

however, i have not been vomiting even though i feel as though i am going to.

my last period was on the 25th december 08 and it lasted only a few days. it was lighter than usual as i usually have a heavy flow. i took a pregnancy test when i began to notice a few symptoms but they both came back negative.

i waited until my period was due before i tested again. the pregnancy test showed 2 lines. 1 very clear and obviouse line and the other very light. on the instructions that came with the test it said that you can have 1 darker line than the other and stil be pregnant, they dont have to be the same.

i then took a clear blue digital test 2 days later to double check and on the screen was 'not pregnant'. this was repeated on another.

i then took another test as i was really confused as you may already realise. this test was again negative.

i have visited my doctors today for a pregnancy test which came back very quikly with a positive result and the doctor worked out that i would be around 6-7weeks.

HOWEVER....!!!!!!

20-2 minutes after visiting the doctor i recieved a phonecall stating that there was something wrong with my test that i had done. the doctor said that the line on the test had dissapeared???????????????????????

can a positive result go negative?????????

we went back to the doctors and took another test which was negative again?????????????????????

the doctor said that this may be a result of the water i drank when i got home as it may have watered the urine down. it was also not the 1st urine of the day.

please help me come to a conclusion.........

i am really confused with the results of my pregnancy tests atm.....

has any one been in the same situation as me

sarah x
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2009
I dunno
Well I'm confused here I just had my period yesterday. I was at least a week late. But, I've got some strange twichy feeling in my stomache and I can actually feel bumps and the bumps moving around when I put my hand on my stomache. I've been having urine infactions on and off now for about a month. Does the bumbs have anything to do with the urine infection?
|

replied January 4th, 2011
junebug tickling me
I feel like there's a little junebug crawling inside and tickling me, just under my bellybutton, a little to the right. I haven't felt anything like it before. Pretty sure its the baby at 15 weeks!
|