Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Moving Leg Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
My bf, started complaining of leg pain, to the effect of that he felt pain on his inner thigh only with touch as if you were touching a bruise. The thing is he doesn't have one. It has now traveled up his leg to the groin area and to his lower abdomen and lower back. This morning it was over on the right inner thigh also. He does'nt remember pulling his leg in any way or hurting it in any way. He went to the university doc and she handed him a whole bunch of papers on std's. Could it be std's? We have always used protection, we broke up for a month and I know I didn't sleep with anyone else. I'm just concerned that it be misdiagnosed, it being just a university doc and all.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 29th, 2009
Leg pain traveling up my leg
Yep, not sure about the STD thing, but i was hoping someone would reply since I had noticed severe pain just above my ankle over 2 years ago and it has slowly moved up and now it is close to my knee and I am freaking out...my doctor keeps massaging me and saying that it's nothing to worry about, but I disagree....Can anyone relate?
|

replied July 11th, 2010
Leg pain moving up my leg
This is a reply to Hotdog1001, I had a fall almost 2 yrs ago and I had hit my knee on a steel floor twisting my ankle underneath me. Since then, my pain has travelled slowly up my left leg to my hip, lower back, upper arm and hand. My hand tingles and goes numb. My leg has cold/hot burning pains, tingleing, severe sharp pains, numb spots, ankle feels like it is sprained again, severe limping, and I use a cane. Docs are baffled. They say I have chronic pain, L4/L5 Neurtitis, slight disk bulge, and spinal stenosis. And all this from a fall. I sure wish the pain would go away and I could get a clear answer as to what is really wrong. Not all my symptoms match the diagnosis so they have tried nerve blocks, Lyrica, and strong pain control meds. I feel so alone in this.
|

replied December 13th, 2012
Did you ever find out what this was!? Because I have the same symptoms and my doctors are clueless. :/
|

replied April 7th, 2013
I am having the same thing. Started in right toes then right shin areA then right hip. In the last three weeks it has moved across my lower back and into my left lower leg. Hurts so badly it is making me nauseous. Dr has ran some tests but nothing conclusive.
|

replied October 7th, 2013
strange moving leg pain
if your doctor was concerned about STDs, they were probably thinking herpes. You should both get tested for this anywayz because 90% of the people who are infected with herpes don't even know they have it. Herpes lives in your nervous system and causes mild to severe pain along the nerves in your legs and sometimes headaches depending on where the infection originates from.

Otherwise, it might also be sciatica. I have an ex-boyfriend who had that and it's AWFUL. He tried so many different medicines and none worked. Finally he went to Canada and got some acupuncture and massage from traditional Chinese doctors and it worked!

I'm not a medical doctor but I suggest getting tested for herpes (just in case) and trying acupuncture.
|