Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Food Between Teeth And Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi,

my dentist put in a crown a few months ago, and since then,

food has been always getting in between my teeth in that area.

Can someone explain what is going on, is the crown that he made

narrow so that food is getting in ? Or did he make the tooth too wide

trapping food ? Anyway, he is wittling down the tooth, I guess he is

making the space bigger now, but food is still getting trapped. What is

the problem and what should I do to correct it. Thankyou, su
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
Go back to see him.

Try flossing after eating that will remove the food but that should only be used in the short term I have no crowns but maybe it wasnt the right shape for your tooth

good luck with finding the answer

take care
gavin
|

replied October 11th, 2010
I have this same exact problem...in fact that's why I searched online to see if anyone had a solution. It especially happens if I eat red meat like a steak. People suggest flossing, but that just pushes it into the space more. And then I will cut my gum, which is a worse pain. I've tried toothpicks, folded paper, mouthwash, water...it's horrible. I've decided to call the dentist to see what he can do about it! But you are not alone, I feel your pain!
|
Quick Reply