Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Just Can't Do Prescription Drugs...

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Have you tried tea to treat anxiety?
Yes
No
25%  25%  [ 1 ]
75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4
I've battled with my anxiety for years through school, the military, relationships, and my professional life. I've learned not to hate it but to deal with it. I can't stand any of the prescription drugs because my body shuts down and i'm pretty much a vegetable. With that said i've never been a tea drinker but an ex-girlfriend of mine told me to try drinking tea. Tea? Yes, tea. I told her what about the caffeine and she replied that the caffeine content in tea is minimal, plus the combination of other therapeutic properties of tea actually make you feel a sense of calmness, while still being alert. I thought to myself this can't be true, but it doesn't hurt to try. Well I tried a tea she recommended which was an assam loose leaf and I was blown away! I tell you my nerves and sense of uneasiness, which incarcerates me from time-to-time throughout the day was gone! I was finally able to function! In anycase, it’s been almost a year since that enlightening experience and since then i’ve falling in love with the wonders of tea, especially loose leaf tea.

Thank you and god bless.

Sam
Did you find this post helpful?
|