Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Dry Socket 1 Year After Wisdoms Pulled

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I got my wisdoms pulled almost a year ago. I had a dry socket in the lower left hand corner of my mouth where my widom was, after the surgery. (all 4 wisdoms were pulled.) I had medicine put in there and taken out a day later after the medicine was put in.

They asked if it still hurt. It didn't hurt enough to notice, so I said no. Then afterwards I noticed it hurt.

I left it alone. It hurts sometimes. Mainly when I think about it.

My other gums where my wisdoms were also hurt sometimes.

Do you think I still have a dry socket? What should I do?

I looked up on a different, nameless sight about this, and searched the forum, and it didn't tell how long dry sockets usually last.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 25th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
You should not be able to have a dry socket at this point. The gums should have grown back over the exposed bone and there should be no way possible for a dry socket.

You really need to go get some xrays done to ensure you do not have an infection or something else bad going on in your jaw.
|

I actually went to the dentist. Iirc they did xrays and didn't call back. Everything should be fine, but I don't think it is.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there! A lot of them are good at not calling back! So you either call them back or go in and sit and stay until you are seen if you are in a lot of pain! Generally, if they take mouth x-rays they generally have the results back shortly. You might try some ora-gel to numb the pain until you can get back into see the dentist, or a couple of tylenol, talk to your pharmacist as I am not a dr or dentist though, could it be the tooth next to the x-wisdom tooth?
Good luck!
Keep us posted on what you find out.
|

replied February 26th, 2006
I went to the dentist like a year ago. They didn't tell me the results.

What am I gonna do? I don't want to pay to go to the dentist again.
|

replied February 26th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
You are either going to have to go back to the dentist or live with the pain. It is going to get worse and if you think about it, a year is a long ime to have waited to go back.

Your insurance should pay for a cleaning and some xrays once a year.
|

replied February 28th, 2006
It might be the tooth next to the "x-wisdom tooth". On the lower right hand corner.
|

replied March 9th, 2006
sandyallen wrote:
you might try some ora-gel to numb the pain until you can get back into see the dentist, or a couple of tylenol, talk to your pharmacist as I am not a dr or dentist though, could it be the tooth next to the x-wisdom tooth?
Good luck!

Keep us posted on what you find out.

does it cost money to talk to the pharmacist?

I can't see the dentist or doctor. It costs too much money. I actually didn't go to the dentist this winter.

Yes, it's the tooth next to the x-windom tooth. So can you pinpoint what's the problem?
|