Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Migraines And Headaches

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Ok, so I have headaches quite frequently, but it usually isn't anything I worry about, most of the time it isn't even bad enough to even take anything. But I have been having headaches with dizzy spells off an on lately ... I had a bad one yesterday and went to the Dr. The dr seems to think I may have migraines.

They gave me some pills ('maxalt', I think it was) and said if they help (which they did) that it is likely migraines. But, I always thought migraines were really bad headaches with light and noise sensitivity and such but mine are not that bad ... Aside from the dizzy spells.

Most of the time I just get headaches that don't seem to go away. Most of the time I have a headache off an on all day. Usually I can deal with them, it wasn't until these last few weeks that the dizziness came into play. Smells don't really bother me, but cigarette smoke makes me sick more these days, I never really liked the smell but now it makes the headache worse or can give me one if I don't already have one and sometimes makes me nauseous. If the headache is bad, sound can bug me a little, but light doesn't seem to bother me.

Anyway, the dr did take some blood to run other tests to be sure and rule out other things. I am suppose to go back to my pcp next week.

Anyone else every had mild migraines like this? I am also worried about taking the maxalt stuff, I read online that you shouldn't take it if you have risk factors for heart disease and hypertension and diabetes. Well, I have borderline hypertension and there is hypertension and diabetes in my family too.

I took one last night and today was the first day I haven't woke up with a headache in some time. I had another spell earlier today though.
Did you find this post helpful?
|