Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Weird Case? Mono W/o Symptoms

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
Hey,
I have a weird case that maybe you could give me some advice on. I was diagnosed with strep throat about a week ago. The doctor prescribed amoxicillin.My throat was swollen and I had a high temperature, after about three days, with the antibiotics, the symptoms subsided. Then yesterday I take off my shirt to get in the shower and my chest, back, and neck are covered with small red blotches. I'm not allergic to anything that I know of. I figured that I must of ate something new which caused the allergic reaction. So I went to sleep. Today when I woke up the blotches were more intense and had spread to my legs. So I went to the doctor. At first he says it's a classic case of an allergic reaction to amoxicillin, but he said the same type of reaction can happen when someone with mono takes the medicine. Although after checking for symtoms of mono he said he was almost positive it was an allergic reaction because I had no symptoms, but he took a blood test just to be sure. When he called back later he said I tested positive for mono, and although it suprised him, I should do the normal activities to get better, like lots of sleep etc. I still have no symptoms of mono although the blotches are still there, and the only time i've had any type of symptoms in about 7-8 months was my soar throat that was diagnosed as strep. My question is am I still contagious if I don't show sypmtoms, and if I am how long will it take for me to have a slim chance of spreading the virus.
Did you find this post helpful?
|