Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Bites Coming From Under My Skin

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
Hi
I have times when on the inside of my legs itch really bad like something is biting me. There is nothing there until I scratch at it and bites pop up. They are bites coming from under my skin. It is in the same place on both legs,and it is very disturbing. This is my last resort before I go to the doctor. Do I have some kind of bug living under my skin?

Please help....Thanks :)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
Have you ever had jigger/chigger bites? That could be what it is. They are tiny red things that bite you, burrow under the skin and lay eggs. It sounds super disgusting, but they're really pretty common depending on where you live. You can buy chiggarid or something like that at the pharmacy and apply it, or just apply clear nail polish to the affected area all the time to kill them. You may want to go to the doctor anyway as it may be something else entirely.
|

replied March 23rd, 2008
Bites Coming From Under My Skin
I'm experiencing the same itchy and irritating bites underneath my skin also. First experienced it about 3 months ago. Initially thought I had been bitten by a spider on the inside of my right forearm. The nodules were the same size and shape. The swelling was similiar to that of a mosquitoe bite but the only difference was they were side by side. No sign of punction wound on the site of swelling either. I put applied rubbing alcohol on and around the apparent bite wound and the swelling went away in amount 15 minutes. I thought maybe a jumping spider was living on the center console of my arm rest inside my car. Oddly enough about 3 weeks later the bites reappeared! I would experience a strong allergic reaction of itching and watery eyes. It has since occured a gain for the third time in three months!

Does anyone have any idea if this could be a parasite or localized allergic reaction to something I'm coming in contact with?
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2008
Community Volunteer
I don't know it is definitely scabbies or not, but that's the first idea that I had from reading both posts. Chiggers could be causing the problem on you ankles, but I was of the impression that they only attack during the summer when you've been walking in grassy areas.

Here's a link to the scabbies symptoms and treatment:

http://www.healthy-skin-guide.com/scabbies -symptoms.html
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2008
Experienced User
rash?
if it's only between your legs, it could be a heat rash or a similar rash. I'd CALL your doctor and ask.( it's free that way). If he can't give you an answer than you might want to go for a visit.
|

replied October 21st, 2009
I share the same symptoms as chillstreet, everything from the appearance to the skin reaction. Please respond back if you can identify the cause of this.
|

replied October 27th, 2013
Wife losing her mind
my husband has been to the hospial twice now. the first time they said it was criggers and gave him the stuff to make it go away. the second time they don't have a clue has to what is going on. just that it is a bug bite. Now what?
|
Quick Reply