Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Third Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

38 Weeks And Less Movement From Baby.... (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 38 weeks as of yesterday and the past couple of days it seems to me the baby isn't moving as much as before. She was extremely active before, but lately has settled down. I do still feel her quite a bit, just nothing like before and I was wondering if this is normal? I also noticed today, that my stomach moved, yet I didn't feel anything....Is that normal? Thanks for any advice. I was scheduled for an appointment today, but my doctor was in the .O.R, so they rescheduled me for this coming tuesday. Thanks for any replies!
-hopeful
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Destiny3003
|

replied February 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
Baby is probably just running out of room in there and can't move around as much. I'm sure its nothing to worry about.
|

replied February 24th, 2006
Experienced User
I am 39 weeks pregnant and the same thing started happening to me at around 37 weeks and even up until now. The doctor told me that it is perfectly fine. As long as you still feel your baby move everyday you have nothing to worry about...If you are worried in the least bit you can have your doctor send you for a stress test at the hospital=) best wishes
|

replied February 26th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks for the support ladies!!! Not 10 minutes after I wrote that she started squirming like you wouldn't believe! As if she was saying "chill out ma! I'm just running out of room!" I don't think I can wait for another 11 days, she better not be late! I am not for sure, but I *think* she's starting to drop. I feel a lot more pressure on my bladder it seems (not sure if that happens when baby drops or not tho) and as I was walking through the store tonight I felt a little more pressure in my lower abdomen. Don't know if it was from walking so fast and furious to find the bathroom, or she's starting to drop. Thanks again ladies!
|

replied March 12th, 2006
Experienced User
Im just over 30 weeks and the same thing is happening to me, the past week she has not been vary active and she was always active, I really think I could just be cuz she is running out of room in there, im a vary small girl. That and I hear near the end they sleep alot, im not sure if its ture, but I did read it on a pregnancy site.

How big are you?
|

replied March 12th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I am now 40 weeks and 4 days and i'm bigger than I want to be!!! I can't even tie my shoes :(
but i'm going in to be induced early tomorrow morning (if they don't have too many other gals in labor)
so maybe your little one is just about "done" maybe you won't go past your due date. I didn't show much until late in my pregnancy, and I didn't feel her until 20 some odd weeks either. So I kinda had a feeling i'd go past my due date. Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2006
Supporter
hopefulmjz wrote:
i am now 40 weeks and 4 days and i'm bigger than I want to be!!! I can't even tie my shoes :(
but i'm going in to be induced early tomorrow morning (if they don't have too many other gals in labor)
so maybe your little one is just about "done" maybe you won't go past your due date. I didn't show much until late in my pregnancy, and I didn't feel her until 20 some odd weeks either. So I kinda had a feeling i'd go past my due date. Good luck!

good luck....You better post some pics after that baby comes!
|

replied March 12th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks samantha!!!
I am so excited to take pictures of her! I don't have a digital camera, or a scanner. So my mom is looking for my brothers digital camera for us to use. So i've got my fingers crossed that someone can find it! If not we want to get one anyways, just not sure when. Soon hopefully! If nothing else I can take a few pictures with my cell phone and do it that way.
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I am no Dr. But maybe if you drink a little soda with caffeine or maybe it is resting for the big day!
Thoughts are with you!
Good luck!
|

replied March 12th, 2006
Experienced User
I'm 36 weeks and i've noticed the same thing. But as long as I feel movement throughout the day i'm not going to worry about it. They are getting bigger and there isn't a whole lot of room in there so having their activity level slow down is normal. But I am so ready for this pregnancy to be over. After my 37 week appoinment next monday s/he can come right on out.
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Hi and good luck I do not want to scare any one but my daughter was 2 weeks away from due date she said she did not feel makayla move as much in the last 2 day's when she went to her dr appt they did not hear her heartbeat sent her to the hoispital the baby was still born only had to weeks to go so if you think she is not moving plase have it checked. God bless you and the baby
|

replied August 28th, 2009
Babys always slow down b4 birth I am sure it will be fine I am 38wks 4days I still feel her but she has slowed down alot its hard work for mum and baby being born she is just resting. Good Luck.xx
|

replied September 27th, 2012
Babies do NOT slow down before birth. The movements do change (less big kicks) but the AMOUNT of movements should not change. Please if you are not a health professional/midwife do not post comments like this it can be very unsafe as women will listen to these comments and will think it's normal! A baby that does not move is a sick baby!!!
|

replied December 1st, 2009
my girlfriend is 33 weeks and the baby has stopped moving as much as she did before. I used to wait until my gf fell asleep and then watch and feel the show, now nothing. I'm freaking out but she is saying its normal but is calling the doc tomorrow morning just in case. I'll post back and tell what they say or do.
|

replied January 29th, 2010
38 Weeks And Less Movement From Baby....
Hi, I have completed 7 months just now and have entered the 8 month. Since last evening, my baby didn't move. I was skeptical about this since morning. I asked my husband to put his hand over my tummy to have the baby feel something.. But, no luck! I kept getting worried.. I was at work when I called my doctor's office and asked the lady why this is happening.. she advised me to 'drink something Sweet' and if still no movement, go to the hospital. And, hey just after drinking a sweet mango juice my baby kicked me.. ! Sigh of relief and laughter for me! Smile Hope this helps... Good luck everyone!
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2010
hey there,

I found exactly the same thing that my baby slowed right down as I neared my due date. I was getting the odd movement, particularly when I put my hand on to my stomach but nowhere near as much movement as before.
|

replied August 13th, 2010
im just over 30 weeks aswell and my little girl has slowed down, she was moving all this morning then she suddenly stopped im getting really worried now anyone else had this..? sorry if i have worried anyone..X
|

replied August 18th, 2010
like most people will say baby is most likely just running out of room. I am 34 weeks pregnant and have noticed more of a stretching feeling like my baby is trying to stretch rather than kick. If it is a huge concern to you and you cant get ahold of the doctor you can always go to the hospital so they can help put your mind at ease. Good luck!
|

replied September 19th, 2010
37weeks
im 37wks from y.day and i havent felt baby move from y.day morn ,, iv been getin real bad stabbing pains down below and 4 the past week my feet ankles and legs have swollen up on friday my feet went a purpley colour it only lasted 5mins and hasnt happened since . this is my 2nd baby and nothing like this has happened in my last pregnancy i am genrally worried .. should i be worried ???
|

replied September 29th, 2010
I'm 38 weeks. I felt same way when I was 37 weeks. I was very worried. my baby was extremely active before and did not feel her moving for one day. I was very worried. I lay down in my left side and ate ice cream. she started moving even though it's not like before. But I was relieved. The sharp stabbing pain stayed until now. I came to a point where I couldn't walk because of the pain. I even started working from home. my last appointment was three days ago my Doc said everything is fine no need to worry about. he said the stabbing pain down there is very common. you can do same thing as I did to check your baby's movement. probably drink some orange juice and lay in your left side. if that doesn't work, call your doc. Take care!
|

replied November 15th, 2010
Please don't ignore this!
The same thing happened to me, I read the responses here, however I decided to call my doctor anyway. This was the best decision I made in my life. The reason baby was moving less was very low amount of amnionic fluid. I ended up with c section and thank God my baby is alive. Please don't ignore sighns like that, always call your doctor about every little concern you have. Even my husband was trying to convince me that everything was ok since the baby was moving, and not to panic. I am so glad I did!There can be many reasons why your baby is moving less, it could be that it just has less space but it also can men a lot of other things. Don't risk your babys life.
|
12 >>