Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Macysmamma/circumcision

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
User Profile
I didnt want to add to other thread cause ppl had butchered it but wanted to let you know I just had my son done and it wasnt what I thought. I was expecting it to be so much worse than what it actually was, cameron barely cried and he hasnt been screaming and I havent even needed to give him tylenol (dr will say if they are cranky to give abit of tylenol etc.) it has been 3 days now its swollen but nothing I cant do you just have to make sure u keep the area clean but its not bad at all.

Hope this helps!
Jess
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
We have just found out my four year old needs to have one because his foreskin is way to tight, I am really worried about it and believe me if I had known I would have done it when he was alot younger!
How long does it take to properly heal?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
They told me it would take a week to two weeks before healing jolie but besides that just buy tylenol in case he become sore but they said the pain would never be excruciating he said its like when we go through childbirth and tear the same type of feeling!!

I hope everything goes well for ur son!!
Jess
|

User Profile
Supporter
jolie_3110 wrote:
we have just found out my four year old needs to have one because his foreskin is way to tight, I am really worried about it and believe me if I had known I would have done it when he was alot younger!
How long does it take to properly heal?

oh, i'm so sorry! Poor little thing!

When does he have to get it done?
|

Experienced User
Wish him good luck from me ok

i hope it all goes well for you
|

Especially eHealthy
Thanks diamondz! You had to go buy your own tylenol? Didnt u say u were a military wife? If so thats a point for my facility cuz when ever tylenol is their cure ( which is pretty much for everthing, if somethings wrong give her tylenol lol) ne ways they always give us an economy size bottle we ahve so much baby tylenol! Lo right now im more worried about getting this kid out they think he already weighs 7 lbs! And hes not due for 3 weeks 6 days and im not dialated at all! ::sigh:: theres no way im pushing out a 10 lb baby
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
diamondsz wrote:
they told me it would take a week to two weeks before healing jolie but besides that just buy tylenol in case he become sore but they said the pain would never be excruciating he said its like when we go through childbirth and tear the same type of feeling!!

I hope everything goes well for ur son!!

Jess

thanks! What is tylenol? Is it like paracetamol? (calpol)
he's on the waiting list to have it done and I got a letter the other day to say it should be in about 6 mths so there is quite await.
I feel so sorry for him! Hopefully though I am going to be able to be with him, do they use local or general anesthetic for it? Haven't been told much so far, all I know is he will be allowed out of hospital after about 3hrs all being well.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
They say when they are over 4 months of age here they put them to sleep I believe paracetamol is the samething as tylenol(acetametaphin) or something to that liking!!

>>macysmama

in canada our health care is covered so I have to pay for prescriptions etc but we get a plan through military covering prescriptions up to 90% but tylenol is not considered prescription. Hubby works at military hospital here and unfortunatly you have to be a member to go there if ur civilian you go to a normal hospital because ohip(our health plan covers it) the only benefit we get is discounted military housing and a few perks like resource center etc!!

Jolie good luck to your son!!

Take care yall!

Jess
|

Especially eHealthy
Right forgot u were in canada :) im really spacy these days
|

User Profile
replied February 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hey np ihad the baby and im still spacey lol!!
|