Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

headaches and tingling after gallbladder surgery

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I had my gallbladder out on february 4th 2006. About a week after the surgery I started getting frequent headaches. Yesterday on february 19 2006 I started getting a tingling sensation in my left hand and left foot. Before my surgery I had a sore tongue for about 6 weeks and also food tasted funny to me. Just wondering if the tingling could be related to the surgery/anesthesia.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 20th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I am no Dr. But it is generally related to the anesthesia, if you feel you are having more problems call your Dr.
I knew that after my gb surgery that their was something wrong and I kept calling and complaining and finaally they did aan x-ray and found some surgical equiptment in me like I believe it was surgiical scissors or something like that, it was a long time ago., so they went back in and got rid of them, after that, I was ok except I still cannot eat anything spicy or fatty.
Good luck!
|

Thanks for you reply. The reason I was asking is because before my surgery, I was having what I thought were mild signs of b12 deficiency. Now 2 weeks after surgery I am having the tingling, depression and headaches. I read somewhere on the net (can't find it now), that some anesthesias used in surgery can cause problems to your b12/folate levels even if you have normal b12 levels pre op. I am going to my gp on thursday and will bring this all up tp her.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
That is a good idea!
Let us know what you find out!
Good luck to you!
|