Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Scared And Alone Right Now

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I'm new here and I have just found out i'm pregnant. The thing is, i've had four normal periods since I last had sex (my boyfriend's travelling) so I dont understand. Either I am over 16 weeks or it is the immaculate conception... I did 3 tests from different packs and makes so I dont think they could be wrong - is it possible to have light periods when you're pregnant?

I dont know what I should do I dont think I can cope with a baby.

I thought here would be a good bet to try and calm myself down a bit then think rationally. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Carrie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 20th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Yes it's actually quite common for some women to get periods for the first half (or all) of their pregnancy.

As for the pregnancy itself, congragulations. I know you're in shock, lol to say the least, and very very confused, but that's normal too. I'm not sure how old you are, but have you talked to your parents or your boyfriend? I think if your worried about what they would say or do, it's important to come to a dissision yourself with what your going to do with this pregnancy (adoption, keeping it, abortion) because if you make a decision for someone else, you'll end up regretting it later.

i am 18 and 37 weeks pregnant. So I kinda know how you're feeling.

Good luck to you!
|

Especially eHealthy
Yep like kimmeh said totally possible to have your period and b pregnant the best thing to do right now is see a doctor since u dont no how far along u are. Then u can think about your options cuz u said u might b as far as 16 weeks while an abortion is still possible its very expensive at that stage of pregnancy since u would already b in your second trimester. If u have aim mine is macysmama204 and I stay at home all say with my one year old and im 35 and 5 days with another and im 18
|

Experienced User
Well I went to the doctors ( I had made an appointment before I posted here) and have found out that I am about 27 weeks along!!! Talk about a shock. I'm only just starting to show which the doc said is unusual but not unheard of cos im so small (5ft).

Wow. Amazing. Healthy baby and another appt with a hospital soon. Keep you posted, thanks.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Well congrats...Hope that everything goes well :wink:
|

Experienced User
I had periods as well

i only thought I was 12 weeks but I turned out I was 5 months
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Wow 27 weeks?! Congratulations! Your not far from the end!
If you were having periods what made you do a test?
|

User Profile
Supporter
Omg 27 weeks!!! Good luck to you and I hope everything is well :)
|

Especially eHealthy
Wow thats far! U only have 13 weeks to prepare! But in a way its good cuz youll have less waiting time. And I thought I was short im only 5'3 I cant reach the cabinets on top of the fridge lol guess u cant either. Good luck and congrats
|