Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Hearing Voices

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
Hi, I recently was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and I take risperdal and prozac. About a week ago I stopped taking the risperdal becuase I realised it was stopping me from getting manic .. And theonly time I get university work done is when im manic. After I stopped I had a high for about 2 days and got loads of work done but now ive been really depressed and not eating or going out.
Well last night something really strange happened that has never happened before. I was laid in bed trying to get to sleep .. Maybe I was asleep and dreaming .. Or maybe I was half asleep...The next thing I could hear all these voices talking .. People talking to one another about things that made no sense. I tried to make out what they were going on about but it was all too random. I jumped up and it stopped. Was I dreaming ? Or having some kind of hallucination.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jwgoldylocks
|

replied March 11th, 2006
Voices
You need to know that,bi-polar is related to schizophrania. Get help, tell someone in the medical field. I had my biggest breakdown when I was hearing voices...All mine ever said was my name, but I still think I hear music at night.
Are you under a certain amount of stress?? That may have something to do with it. Does you Dr. Know you stopped you meds? Tell them, dont go it alone, they can try a different one or a lower dose.
Dont be to hard on yourself and dont be such a hardass that you think you dont need help, it can and will get better...
|

replied March 21st, 2006
You must know that you shud have not stopped the other med..One word schizophrania is a line between manic.....My gosh you stopped an anti-phycotic........

Please go get help I knw when you mean about wanting to be mani...But them having you on risperdal was not just for that was to stop the schizophrania affect we get as people with this trrible disease
hun if you need to talk email me..Please
|

replied April 19th, 2012
My sister has had three psychotic breakdowns in the past three years. All occuring during the month of March. She feels she is a channeler between this world and the other and can speak to my dead ancestors. She has only delusions of grandeur, as she says "channelers" will be celebrities one day. My mother passed away 7 years ago and she was very close to her. We think this event was one of the many triggers of her psychosis. That and losing her job of 24 years, 3 years ago. She doesn't have angry thoughts or hear evil voices. What she hears for the most part is wonderful things like she is a genius and Steve Jobs unknown sister, for example. The only part of her psychosis that is scary is she gets very angry with her husband. The voices have told her he is cheating on her and only wants her if she is working. She has been treated with lithium and abilify, but recently went off the abilify and I think has been sporadic with taking the lithium. I think she is schizoeffective, but her dr. is giving her the diagnosis of bipolar. Please any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated.
|

replied February 18th, 2009
voices?
My partner says that he hears voices and is only self diagnosed with bipolar. Is there the possibility that he may have schizophrenia rather than bipolar? He is currently on no form of medication for any of this.
|

replied March 27th, 2010
Are the voices demonic? Have you allowed the evil spirits a place in your life? If so, confess your sin to God. God loves you so much that He gave His Son Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. God says in His Word the Bible that if we seek Him we will find Him if we seek Him with our whole hearts.
|

replied April 20th, 2010
any ideas?
I have bipolar disorder and am on prozac and lamictal. This morning i woke up hearing people talking in my head. It is so loud and distracting that i cant work i am scared that i am a danger to my patients and now i am feeling an intense sense of paranoia. Any ideas?
|

replied February 5th, 2012
Hypnagogic Sensations are No Big Deal
Actually, hearing voices as you are drifting off to sleep is a common phenomenon in even mentally healthy individuals. It is called a hypnagogic sensation. You've got nothing to worry about.
|

replied February 5th, 2012
Hypnagogic Sensations are No Big Deal
Actually, hearing voices as you are drifting off to sleep is a common phenomenon in even mentally healthy individuals. It is called a hypnagogic sensation. You've got nothing to worry about. Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia
|