Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

About the Cervical Spine...

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
Hi! :d im not sure if this is where I should put this..Kindly pass this on..Please do respond...Thanks! Here goes...

Greetings!

I am from the philippines, and I was told that you were featured in discovery channel, and that you offered free medical assistance. My friend's brother, asser a. Alonzo, was diagnosed with a rare disease, and the facilities for his condition are not available here in the philippines. Cardinal santos medical center, one of the best hopitals here in manila, has refused to accept his case, because of the rarity of his illness. Below is the diagnosis:

patient's name: asser a. Alonzo
date of birth: 3/13/55
referring physician: manuel mariano, m.D.

Mri of the cervical spine 11/29/2001

clinical information: right lateral neck mass.

Findings:
no prior studies are available for comparison.

There is a lobulated destructive mass involving the c2 body, dens and right posterior elements of c2, associated with large soft tissue components in the right paravertebral soft tissues measuring at least 6.0 x 6.0 x 5.7 cm. In ap, transverse and craniocaudal dimensions. The mass also involves the right c2-3 foramen with a small right-sided intraspinal component at the c2 level, causing mild cord compression.

Mild disc bulges are present at the c5-6 and c6-7 levels. The remaining cervical intervertebral discs are unremarkable. The cervical spinal cord is intrinsically normal.

Impression:

1. Destructive mass involving the body, dens, and right posterior elements of c2, also involvement of the right c2-3 neural foramen with a small right-sided intraspinal component at the c2 level causing mild cord compression. The main consideration is a neoplastic process, which would include metastasis, multiple myeloma, and a primary bone tumor. An inflammatory process (i.E. Tubercolosis) is considered less likely.

2. Mild c5-6 and c6-7 disc bulges.

A. Cheng, m.D.

0111-264-o
113001ge

per surgical pathological report; cervical-spine chondroid chordoma c2.

Cardinal mri center
cardinal santos medical center, wilson street, greenhills, san juan, metro manila
tels: 726-3410, 726-3411
fax: 726-3417

my friend's family does not have the money for the kind of treatment asser's disease needs. We are looking to your kindness as to how we could go about his treatment. We'll appreciate it if we could hear from you.

Sincerely yours,

josephine andrade
philippines
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Antonio Marotta
User Profile