Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

During a Pap Smear

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I was wondering if anyone could tell me something. I just had my pap done and when the Dr. Went to put the opener in me she said that my "cervix would not open" and she had to readjust. I was wondering could it be the way I was laying or something else.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I don't understand because the cervix is not suppose to open when you have a pap smear. Are you a virgin?
|

replied March 1st, 2006
No far from that.
|

replied March 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
I had a pap done last week and had the same thing and it was because I was tensing as soon as I relaxed I was fine
|

replied March 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
Maybe you misunderstood or she misspoke. I bet she was saying she couldn't reach the cervix. I had a pap a couple of weeks ago and the speculum (spreader thingy) was the "wrong size" and she had to get a longer one in order to reach my cervix.
They have to see the cervix in order to know they are in the right place to get the pap smear.

The cervix is only supposed to be open when you are in labor and dialating.
|

replied March 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
That makes more sense coz I thought the same thing I guess its the way they say it I dunno but thanks for clearin it up
|
Tags: PAP smear, cervix
Quick Reply