Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Undiagnosed Back And Hip Pain Over 1 Year

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Hi I have been suffering from severe low back and hip pain for almost a year. I don't know if I have a lipoma or not, but I recently read an article describing the "back mouse", which is a fat herniation under the muscle. I believe this may be what I have going on. I have seen 3 orthopedic surgeons, 2 chiropractors, a rheumatologist, a neurologist, my primary physician of course, a masseuse, and an accupuncturist, oh and 2 physical therapists. No one has given me a diagnosis and I am at the end of my rope. Everything that has been suggested as a cure as made the pain worse. The massage gives releif for a few hours, but that is it. The muscles that run from my low back on either side of my spine down to my but feel like solid steel rods. I am most comfortable standing or lying flat. I also have severe pain in both hips that occasionally runs into the psoyas muscle. I have not been able to engage in any physical activity in almost a year and that includes no sex, because the pain in my hips and back gets worse. I am 29 and in relatively good health asides of these symptoms. I do also have plantar fasciatis in both feet and a sleep disorder called sleep paralysis. Everything may be linked but I don't know. So far the article about the fat herniation under the muscle was the best description.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 24th, 2010
Back Mouse
Hi

Did you receive any responses or have any further information as to your situation

Regards
Bernadette
|

replied November 3rd, 2010
i know who you feel, i have tried everything, the only thing that works for me is Remidial Massage but it has to be full on. 1 hour of pain, it really hurts when he digs into me but i take a pain reliever before i go and a few days after i am totally swollen and in pain but then i feel great for a few months and then it starts again but i go and get a hit every few months, i have been dealing with this for the last 10 years, neck, back , lumber and frozen shoulder after a car accident. i have spent thousands on chriopractors, accupunture, insoles for the shoes, did not work. maybe it might help you. regards mel.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov