Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Lump On Back of the Skull

I have a question reguarding something odd on the back of my skull. I seem to have a lump there, I don't know how long it's been there. I think since I was 8 that I can remember maybe longer. I'm almost 20 now. It doesn't give me any pain and it doesnt grow. It's hard just like part of the skull except its about the size of a small marble. Is it normal for some people to have this or should I be concerned? Basically I can lay my head perfectly flat because of this thing. Like I said though, it seems to be part of the skull as it rounded and not just a protrusion in the middle of no where. Just thought i'd ask.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper AshleyWilis
|
Users who thank seektofind2 for this post: sindee 

replied July 21st, 2008
Lump On Back
I have a question reguarding something odd on the back of my skull. I seem to have a lump there, I don't know how long it's been there. I think since I was 8 that I can remember maybe longer. I'm almost 20 now. It doesn't give me any pain and it doesnt grow. It's hard just like part of the skull except its about the size of a small marble. Is it normal for some people to have this or should I be concerned? Basically I can lay my head perfectly flat because of this thing. Like I said though, it seems to be part of the skull as it rounded and not just a protrusion in the middle of no where. Just thought i'd ask.
|

replied July 24th, 2008
Lump
Is your lump at the base of your skull near the neck?
|

replied July 26th, 2008
lump skull, knot head, bone head
It's an 'Anatolian Bump,' a genetic indication of possible Melungeon ancestry. You might be related to Elvis Presley.
|

replied July 26th, 2008
lump skull, knot head, bone head
It could be an 'Anatolian Bump,' a genetic indication of possible Melungeon ancestry. You might be related to Elvis Presley.
|

replied October 24th, 2010
lump/bone on skull
i am 24, i have had lump/bone on the back of my head since i was 17. it looks very odd, its about the size of a marble but look larger. it also leaves a bald patch.
i am really thinking about getting it surgically removed... is that possible?
STEVE, ABERDEEN
|

replied October 28th, 2010
hi,
I am new here, my mom have small small lumps in the skull all over, Is something serious going on, If yes then what are the possible solution
|

replied April 23rd, 2012
iT ISN'T CANCER IT'S A- PARASITE, BACTERIA, FUNGI, PROTAZOA ETC
don't settle for cancer because you have lumps on your skull. I have had them for years. Don't suck up to the medical field because they are too stupid to figure it out!

Figure it out yourself, if you can. If not ask for help but don't settle for CANCER BULL!
|