Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Popping Sounds

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Has anyone ever experienced popping and cracking noises when baby moves?? I'm 31 weeks and hear these noises when she moves and I leak a small amount, I have been to the hospital, but thay seem to say there is nothing wrong and I have no signs of leaking, thay seem to think I have a water infetion but still dont explain the noises!! Can anyone shed some light on the matter?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Never heard or experienced it..But if your doctor says things look fine ..Then I guess they must ..Just try not to stress and if you think you need to see another doctor to get a second opinion then go for it..It might make you feel better ! :wink:
|

replied February 14th, 2006
Experienced User
Never heard of that either but if you are not happy with what the doc says then get a second opinon to ease your mind
|

Extremely eHealthy
My baby is only in my abdomen--and I hear popping all the time. I think it is the water bag--popping outta the space it has envaded. To re-fill the same place next time--and pop back outta there again.

It is possible that you are feeling your water sac too!!! I dont know
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
There was a thread about this a while back and a few of the people were experiencing it and said it was normal. I think it's your ligaments or something.
|

Experienced User
Yeah, I did experience popping sounds before but I don't know about the leaking fluid part. That's the part that would concern me.
|

replied February 27th, 2006
Experienced User
Have been to the hospital about it and thay say it could be a rupture in membrain (sack) but thay didn't check my pads so I discharged myself and went to see my midwife, who she said it could be the baby's joints cracking when she moves, which now I seem to think it is as the bigger she grows the louder the sounds get. Have had enough now my belly is so big and tight I think im gonna explode lol, only 6 weeks to go.
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
Same predicament
I have no idea what it is but the exact same thing happens to me. Going to the doctor Thursday and hopefully will find out then.
|

replied March 4th, 2009
Experienced User
ginaannbell
i posted nearly 3 yrs ago i am glad my post still gets used, my midwife said it was the babys joints cracking as she moved, i didnt think it posible, but when my 8ib 12oz cubby daughter was born, when she moved her joints clicked, the midwife said where she was floating in the sack it was ecoing,
that was nearly 3 yrs ago and her joints still click now and again as like mine do.
|