Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Painful Bump Inside Nose

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For several weeks there's been a bump inside my nose close to the tip of my nose. It kind of moves around.
When I says it's on the inside I don't mean the skin on the inside of my nose, but I mean inside the flesh. It hurts when I touch it (when blowing my nose, for example, which i've been doing a lot lately.)
i would like to know if this is something I should be worried about.
Thanks. :x :x :x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2006
Ok, really...It's still there. It's not a pimple. Some may think it's a pimple. Some may think i'm rudolph the red nosed reindeer.
Should I see a doctor?
Could it be cancer, a cyst, some kind of staph thing? I really know nothing about this kind of thing. Help!
|

replied April 16th, 2010
Red painful nose
About 6 months ago the outside tip of my nose became red, swollen and EXTREMELY painful to the touch. A cotton tshirt rubbing the nose was enough to make my eyes water. 3 trips to the doctor and 4 different antibiotics later, they spot comes and goes, seemed to get worse each time it re appeared, always in the same spot. The doctor finally tells me it''s MRSA - a bad staph infection. More antibiotics.

This week, the sore developed a white head that got more painful by the hour. I decided to take medicine into my owns hands. I sterilized a needle and some tweezers in a gas flame and went to work excising this thing. After squeezing out the goop (Thick yellow pus/fluid), I saw a dark black spot in the center of the wound. I grabbed it with the tweerers and pulled. It was a 2 inch long nose hair that looks to have grown from the inside of my nose out. As soon as I got the hair out and squeezed the rest of the goop, the pain subsided. I coated the wound with antibiotic ointment and it has not hurt since. The swelling is gone, I have a small scab where the wound was and I have no faith in doctors.

Turns out while I was infected, it was a hair follicle and it was not MRSA.

For months this has plagued and worried me. Soemthing to consider. I always had the "feeling" that something was in there that needed to come out.

Good luck!
|
Quick Reply