Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Pubic Hair Removal

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Girls do you remove your pubic hair.If yes the what method do you use .
If you have tried different methods which one is the best.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I shave...But im thinking about wax...Although I wish I could someday get that laser hair removal.. :wink:
|

I also shave . I too had thoughts about waxing especially brazilian but its scary. I heard waxing downstairs is really painful.
Has anyone tried brazilian.

Is'nt laser costly?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yes is costly ..But it never grows back so I think it would be worth every penny...Lol :wink:
|

replied February 16th, 2006
Experienced User
I shave as well, but it gets to be a hassle and I have to do it quite often. With brazilian waxing, i've heard that before you go in to take two regular pain relievers a couple of hours before to keep the nerves from being so receptive to pain. Make sure that the hair isn't too long, but long enough to be removed with the wax. It can last for up to two months, which seems pretty great to me because I don't always have time to shave so often. Laser removal seems like it would be more painful than waxing, as well as being quite expensive.
|

Really want laser removel. Apparently it is so painful it makes you scream and take two sessions. But I still wanna do it. Only problem is the money. I can't stand hair. I'm 17 and i'm sick of shaving already!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I hate shaving b/c you get razor bumps and ingrown hairs.Oh, and you itch all day! I try to put lotion on but it don't work.Someone told me the more you shave the less bumps you will get but they are still coming. . .
|

Experienced User
Whoever told you that is wrooooong. The more often you shave the more it can create bumps.
|

I too want to remove hair premanently but laser seems to be too costly and I did'nt know it was painful.
I wanted to do brazilian but I am postponing it coz of fear.For me the bumps have reduced since I shave almost every week.But its a big hassle.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I did the laser brazilian hair removal. Costly and painful but worth every penny and pain. Being hair free for more than a year and loving it! I am now lasering my underarms and legs. I don't want to shave ever again.
|

User Profile
replied February 17th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
nightangel73 wrote:
i did the laser brazilian hair removal. Costly and painful but worth every penny and pain. Being hair free for more than a year and loving it! I am now lasering my underarms and legs. I don't want to shave ever again.

how much did your laser cost and how bad did it hurt?
|

replied February 17th, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah how much is the brazilian wax?
|

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
melissa_20 wrote:
nightangel73 wrote:
i did the laser brazilian hair removal. Costly and painful but worth every penny and pain. Being hair free for more than a year and loving it! I am now lasering my underarms and legs. I don't want to shave ever again.

how much did your laser cost and how bad did it hurt?

prices varie according to state. I know california is cheaper for example. Then depends whether you do in derm office or a spa. I went to an upscale place so I paid about $1,300 for 5 sessions brazilian package here in nc. You can have it cheaper if you want only 2 inches bikini line off ($500), the extended is about ($700), and then there is brazilian package the most expensive which is everything off. Other places may charge per session and so on. You have to shop around.

Regarding pain well my guess is it should be like having a tatoo. I would think that waxing is more painful. With waxing you get the pain and the hair grows back and with laser you get the pain but the hair never grows back so that is a better deal to me. If you take pain killers before it helps. But if you are mild hearted then I don't think laser is for you.
|

replied August 17th, 2014
have you tried a product called Kalo it prevents the hair from growing back after it has been removed. I can also slow hair growth down after shaving.
|