Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

X-rays During Pregnancy!!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi! I had 1 x-ray taken around 6-7 weeks prego and wore a lead apron to shield my abdomen. I am in my 3rd trimester now and everything is going well so far. Blood work results and ultrasound has all come back normal. But I am still very, very, very worried. Just to ease my mind, did anyone had x-rays taken during early pregnancy and your baby was ok. Should I be concerned?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2006
Supporter
I dont knwo from experiance but im guessing that it would be ok, if its shelded I cant see why anything would be bad.. I hope this helps
|

Especially eHealthy
If the ultrasound says everything is ok...Than it should be..Ya know?? I would be waaay worried too..Thinking my baby has an extra arm!! But my grandmother told me that when she was preggy with my mom and 2 uncles that's how they measured size of the babies....They only did it once though and it was at the end of the pregnancy....I'm almost sure that everthing will be fine!!!

If it's been 2 whole trimesters later and they've found nothing..I'm sure your baby is fine!!! Just sit back and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!!

Good luck!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I havent been through this myself ..And im not trying to freak you out or scare you ...But my friend was pregnant and got an x-ray and she miscarried due to the x-ray..I would have to ask her more about how they came to the conclusion of it being caused by the x-ray ..But im sure you are fine considering your u/s and everything else normal...So I wouldnt stress..
|

replied February 13th, 2006
Jillian, what type of x-ray did your friend get and at what week?

I was told if it was done the first several weeks of pregnancy, it can cause a miscarriage... Its called "all or nothing" I believe...
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I had an x-ray. I don't remember what type, though. My little m&m is fine.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
cindyl2005 wrote:
jillian, what type of x-ray did your friend get and at what week?

I was told if it was done the first several weeks of pregnancy, it can cause a miscarriage... Its called "all or nothing" I believe...

well I know she had it done on her back ...Because she has back problems..I dont know much about it other than she got it done ..When she was 6 weeks pregnant and she lost the baby two days afterwards...They said that it was because the x-ray ..But she hasnt really brought it up much ...Ever since she really dont like to talk about it ..Im sure I can ask her though and she will tell...We are close ...And I think she thinks its her fault..But at the time she didnt know she was pregnant... :cry:
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
That poor girl. I'm sorry she had to go through that. :cry:
|