Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Belly Button Rash

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Can someone answer this question???

I have a rash which is inside my belly button. It is very itchy and has small spots which are weeping. I now also have a small area on he belly around belly button. Has anyone any idea how I can treat this irritation.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper purple333
|

replied December 31st, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Sounds to me like you had an infection in your belly button (this could have been caused by anything) you have scratched it, maybe at first in your sleep &/or while cleaning your belly button & this has led to the infection spreading.

If this were most other places you could probably treat it with antiseptic cream or fluid & by keeping it really clean & dry. But the belly button is one of those places that we can't see, can't be sure it's dry (you do sweat there too) can't be sure no fluff is there (& if you check too often or scratch anywhere while checking you could make the infection worse & it will spread even more) so I suggest you see a dr & get the right cream - by now it & you may need anti-biotics.

Of course I could be overreacting but I can't see it & actually you can't see the centre of the problem either.
|

replied January 2nd, 2004
Thanks for your reply. I have since been to the doctors who has given me some cream. Feeling a lot better. Happy new year

jewels
|

replied May 2nd, 2011
I have the same issue
do you remember the name of the cream your doctor prescribed to you?
|

replied January 3rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Glad to hear you saw the dr, hope it all clears up fast, happy new year.
|

replied August 5th, 2005
Belly Button Infection
A few days ago I noticed that on the bottem part of my belly button the skin was transparent and you could see red but I thought nothing of it then it broke open and theres all this skin out and it's growing up my barbell I really don't want to take it out or tell my mom because she didn't think that I was responsible enough to have it pierced in the first place what should I do?
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2005
Experienced User
purple333 wrote:
sounds to me like you had an infection in your belly button (this could have been caused by anything) you have scratched it, maybe at first in your sleep &/or while cleaning your belly button & this has led to the infection spreading.

If this were most other places you could probably treat it with antiseptic cream or fluid & by keeping it really clean & dry. But the belly button is one of those places that we can't see, can't be sure it's dry (you do sweat there too) can't be sure no fluff is there (& if you check too often or scratch anywhere while checking you could make the infection worse & it will spread even more) so I suggest you see a dr & get the right cream - by now it & you may need anti-biotics.

Of course I could be overreacting but I can't see it & actually you can't see the centre of the problem either.

agreed... Good reply.
|

replied August 5th, 2005
Belly Button Infection
After looking at several websites I found out that the bump on the bottem of my navel piercing is a hypertrophic scar, although I looked at many sites i've yet to find out how to treat it, any advice?
|

replied August 8th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I'd suggest you see a dr
|

replied August 19th, 2005
Could Be An Allergic Reaction to Nickel
It could be an allergic reaction to nickel -- either in the barbell piercings or in the snap on jeans.

I would buy only high quality (no nickel) stuff...
|

replied July 23rd, 2006
Genieangel is right. Nickel allergy is becoming more and more common. If it's right where your belt or your jean buttom hits your skin it's possible it is a nickel allergy.
|

replied August 28th, 2007
Re: Belly Button Rash
jewels46 wrote:
Can someone answer this question???

I have a rash which is inside my belly button. It is very itchy and has small spots which are weeping. I now also have a small area on he belly around belly button. Has anyone any idea how I can treat this irritation.

You can lay down with water and sea salt in a shot glass!! it will burn,but make it feel better!! Very Happy
|

replied February 16th, 2011
I just got my belly button pierced a week and a bit ago and i was told to use bactine only...i got a small rash on about the 4th day so i tried to use salt water and bactine and put anti itch creams on it...it didnt hurt and its like a ring outside my belly button not near the piercing but surrounding my whole belly button..it turned into a flat red irritation and the doctor suggested cortisone cream but i went back to the piercer and he said i made it worse by using too many things and not to use the cream and just use the bactine..what should i do?! please please answer ASAP!
|

replied September 26th, 2011
Sounds like the piercer don't know what he is talkin about...Use a triple antibiotic cream..leave it uncovered and it should get better in a few days....dont scratch, this will make it worse.... Your belly button ring will heal, just keep it clean...........
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Robert Wascher
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov