Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Abdominal Pain, Shortness of Breath, Fatigue, No Appetite (Page 1)

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hopefully someone can help me. It's a long story. Please bear with me, I want to give you as much info as possible. I am a 30 year old female. I was never super thin, always dieted, seemed to go up and down in weight. Before being pregnant, the most I gained and lost at one time was 30lbs. I had my daugher in may of 2004 by c-section. It was not planned to have a c-section, we wanted to have an all natural/drug free birth but I wouldn't dilate enough well over 24 hours after my water broke with merconium. After giving birth, I realized that I tore the ligaments in the arches of my feet from wearing flip-flops and being so heavy. Also, I got a numb spot occasionaly on the palm of my right hand. It seemed to get worse at night, I was told this was carpel tunnel. Anyway, back in the beginning of july I started to feel like I was getting sick- then a few days later I had flu-like symptoms. I felt so sick and the pain was too distracting I had to leave work early. As I drove home, what I thought was nausua turned into stomach pains (almost like labor pains). I vomited when I got home and had diarriha. I thought I had the flu but as the hours went on the intense pain in my stomach started to get unbearable (i was moaning) and I decided to go to the er since it was after my doctor's office hours. Waiting in waiting room, the pains got so intense it felt like someone was stabbing me with shards of glass. I had a fever and dehydrated (according to hospital). They gave me a cat scan/blood and urine tests. The cat scan showed that my appendix was slightly inflamed and I had a cyst on my ovary (which I wasn't aware of) and some fluid in my abdomin. They kept me overnight to see if it was my appendix. My white blood count never elevated so they assumed it was a cyst that burst. For two weeks later I still felt very ill. Nasuea, no appetite, tired and a dull ache in my right side (aside from the ache on side it felt like morning sickness but I wasn't pregnant.) I was told that if a cyst did burst the estrogen that was released could cause morning sickness type symtoms. Exactly two weeks (to the day) later, I woke up feeling the same way. When I started getting the awful excrutiating pains again, I took myself again to the er. Again I vomited (at the same time of day I did two weeks earlier - but this time already in hospital) and had diarreha. A million tests done again and all came back normal. (also, the second 'attack' occured a day before my period came) again, felt sick and achy for a long period afterwards. No energy, appetite, tired, dull ache on side, nausea. Then my dad died of a sudden heart attack (he had highblood pressure and heart disease). Afterwards I wasn't sure if I was still sick or if the remaining symptoms were caused from heartache/stress etc. My husband and I had a trip to ireland to visit family planned. We decided to go, it would be a nice distraction. Before leaving the country, I visited a gi doctor to just make sure. He sent me for an ultrasound (for gallbladder/appendix etc) that came back normal. He thought it may just be a virus or stress. After one week into my two week vacation my symptoms finally seemed to go away (a month after second attack). Then I went thru an uneventful fall except that I was extremely tired all of the time. I just chalked it up to running after my daughter who was 18mos old at the time, I was not happy at work and we were having some financial difficulties. In the middle of november, I saw a doctor for weight loss. After having my daughter in may of 2004, I hadn't really lost the baby weight and I think I even gained some. I was at my heaviest in my life and had a hard time taking it off. I never had any health problems like this before. (also in the beginning of 2005, I had some heart palpitations on and off for a few months- again tests showed nothing, they thought it was stress-which was very possible at the time. Also, developed a strange, incredibly itchy rash on my shins during this time. It went away and occured again right before my july 'attack'. It also showed up again in january right before my most previous attack. I was given many things for it: topical ointment etc but nothing seemed effective. This last time I didn't shave my legs because my husband thought that maybe my razor needed to be changed and it never flared up like before) the doctor gave me a weight loss medication called phentermine and lexapro (for obsessive compulsive behavior - ie eating when not hungry). The lexapro helped me greatly. In addition to my weightloss, I always felt like I had add and the lexapro really gave me clarity, my mind felt less scattered and overwhelmed. One of the two medicines gave me energy. I was more active than before and coming home after work I could cook, clean and play with my daughter and didn't feel like sleeping. I don't think this could be from taking these since I was not on them in july when it happened initially. Anyway, things were going real well until the middle of january. I started to not feel well and my daughter was sick as well. I started to feel congested in my head and chest. My chest congestion felt like someone was standing on my chest. A few times at work I had to step outside for air because it felt like I couldn't breath. I coughed a little but it seemed like only to breath properly. My daughter's pediatrician said she had bronchitis. My doctor told me my lungs were clear but gave me an antibiotic anyway to make sure I don't get it as well. A day later I started to feel a little worse. A little nausea and some burning pains that seemed like what I had in the summer but not as bad. The next night I woke up at 4am feeling really bad. I went to the bathroom because I thought I would be sick. I then got an excruciating 'attack', similar to what I described above. It was so bad this time, I was moaning in agony and felt like I was going to vomit and faint, all at the same time. It was an awful feeling. I ended up splashing water on my face and then had violent diarreha along with breaking out into a cold sweat. My clothes were literally soaking wet and I had to change. I would have taken a shower but I felt so sick, I was afraid to do it alone and it was the middle of the night. Afterwards I went back to bed and called my doctor in the morning. She told me to go to the er. When I got there they did every test again (catscan, blood and urine) everything came back normal. I called my pcp and she told me to go to a gi doctor. At that time I also started having soreness in my back (almost like a very bruised spot or muscle ache when I breathed deeply - directly behind my heart) the gi doctor ordered an ultrasound and again everything was normal. I also had an endoscopy done. They found some inflammation and a nodule. The nodule was biopsied. It was a thursday and that saturday I started to feel like a had shortness of breath everytime I talked. Almost like I was hiking up a mountain and turned to talk to someone. The chest congestion feeling had left by this time and I didn't think it was related. At one point in the day I walked up the stairs and went to my bedroom. I had been feeling dizzy on and off until then but this time seemed different. My heart started racing like a freight train, faster than I ever felt it. I also felt very strange, like I may faint or had low blood sugar but it was very very different this time. At one point I just collapsed. I was conscience but felt like I was doing it involuntarily and had no energy to stop myself. Afterwards my face got bright red/flushed and very hot. I got myself onto my bed (because lying on the floor made my husband very concerned) I lyed motionless to try and calm my racing heart. Eventually I felt better after 10-15 minutes but still felt woozy/dizzy like I had before. The following day I found blood in my stool and called my doctor. He was afraid I was bleeding internally from the scope a few days earlier and told me to meet him at the er. After a few tests (and I told them about the previous day, sob, heart racing etc). They said that I wasn't bleeding internally and the blood could have came from a hemroid or broken blood vessal close to the outside of my body (inside my rectum). My heart and lungs were also listented to and they said it may be anxiety. The only thing I was anxious about was finding out what was wrong with me. I tried to eat a little more food so I didn't feel so woozy but that came with more stomach pain on the right side - but I didn't feel so dizzy or foggy so I continued. I also had the weightloss medication dosage significantly lowered until I feel better. I didn't want to stop taking it completely or I would have a few days of sluggishness (it's happened before when I lost them)
so afterwards, the biopsy results came back and I had an adenoma polyp in my duodenum. My doctor was concerned to find that at my age and thought I might have garnder's syndrome and I had another endoscopy done the following week along with a colonoscopy. The night before the colonoscopy I had to drink the half-lytely and around 3am I woke up again to go to the bathroom. I wasn't that concerned yet because I figured no matter how much stomach cramping I had and how my bm was only liquid - this was what was supposed to happen. But, this time while using the bathroom, an awful feeling came over me like I was going to vomit or faint. I had to stand up and started dry heaving over the sink. I had to use the garbage can because the dryheaving and bm were coming at the same time. Green (bile I guess) stuff started coming up. I was soaking wet again in a cold sweat and felt this squeezing almost like my insides would burst. At one point, I was in so much agony, I collapsed onto the floor. I think I was conscience the whole time but it was like my body was falling over and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I could harly speak because I was in so much agony, if someone told me I would die right then, I would have believed them. My husband went to bring me water and when he saw I collapsed, he put the cold water bottle onto my cheek. I'm not sure what it was (the coldness, the lying down or just time) but it started to pass at that point. When I called the doctor on call and when I told my doctor the next day before the colonoscopy, they both said it was normal. Anyway, he said he found nothing (thankfully) during the colonoscopy and endoscopy the next day and made sure he got all of the polyp last time. So, then I begged the doctor to finally sent me for the cck decida (hida scan) because I really thought it was related to my gb. I just found out that that was normal also. In addition, the pain I feel in my back (or lungs) when I breath in deeply was getting much worse, it now feels like extra weight on that side - like sandbags hanging from some internal organ - almost like the chest congestion feeling like someone is sitting on my chest - but I can breath. This is also combined with the constant ache/dullness on my right side that sometimes turns to pain, back ache, overall achyness and extreme fatigue. Several times different doctors have asked if I had burning during urination. I didn't but more recently my urine was very warm feeling/borderline burning. However, I also had the halflytely in me and some radioactive stuff for the hida scan. Not sure if it was just passing thru me. Also, the pain is pretty much on my upper right side that radiates to my back, but i've also noticed occasional intermittant pain on my left upper, and lower abdominal and occasionally lower right side. Today, I also felt a strange dullness or throb-like feeling down my right thigh (just once that lasted a minute or so) and I some 'twitchyness' in my vagina area. I don't think that they would be related but may be. Oh and I also have a very very tender area on my right side by my very last rib. When I had an ultrasound done is was really really sore there. I can rub my hand over it but it doesn't really hurt unless I press in. The waistline on my pants also cause discomfort around my lower back and right side. I know I gave a lot of info but I am at my wits end. My mother and husband are starting to make stupid suggestions as if this is all in my head. I know that something is wrong with me. Most of these symptoms I wouldn't be concerned about but the fact that it's happened almost three times (sharp pains) followed by the same thing, and this breathing issue, I know my body is telling me something. Oh and the third time this happened, it was also again day before my period came(same as 2nd time). I spoke with my ob-gyn and had an examination along with an ultrasound and again nothing. She also said that she didn't think my period would be related to this since the symptoms didn't go away when my period was done. She thought it was gi related and now my gi is saying he no longer thinks it is because he can't find anything. He suggested I see a rheumatologist (because it could be fibromyalsia or chronic fatigue syndrome but he didn't know if that would cause the stomach pain!) or my pcp. My primary doctor can not see me for another two weeks!

Hopefully someone can help me!
|

replied February 12th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Oh my gosh!!!!

This is terrible--i cannot offer you any advice, I have no clue. But I do also believe something is wrong with you--and I think it could be something quite serious. I cant believe this is happening to you and they dont find it, or cant find it. That is an incredible story. I did not intend to scare you more--but something is definately not .R.I.G.H.T.

I am sorry--i will pray for .God to help you, and for those .Dr's to listen to .His still small voice so they can help you.

.God bless you--.God help her in .Jesus name.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 9th, 2013
I think doctors can run out answers fast so do your own research ...that is what I did I think a lot of the doctors had left me for dead...I was sick nausea, dizziness, ear whirling. shortness of breath fatique weight loss, small rash I had test and blood draws it seemed like 100's of tests 3 lyme test 6 parasite check, 2 colonscopies MRI HIDA CAT scan barium swallow with follow through, exploratory surgery apendamona test, went to 3-ENT GI dr pulmonalogist, rheumatologist, cardiologiist , dermatologist for biopsy . infectious disease spec. and sport medicine/ chiropractor for slight curvature in my spine anyhow everything was negative one day I read a story about a women that suffered for 10 years from Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy well finally they did direct resonance on her jaw she had strep where her 3rd molar was removed. I had root canals and I read they causes bad infections underneath in the jaw I ran to have both extracted by a holisitic/biological dentist guess what they found underneath a root canal an infection that almost went through my jaw I had tissue and bone graphs and now I also had chronic appendicitis the holisitic dentist told me oh yes appenidix is highly susceptible to infections." And he had seen this before ! I saw a surgeon that owned and operated his own surgery center with other a couple other surgeons and I told him my story and he quickly agreed to remove my appendix I hope this post helps people that have run out of answers...you never know what may be making you ill and the damage it can cause I'm on Vitamin C IV too now to help increase immunity and it kills infections/ I think all illness have a cause, you do no thave to live with suffering with whatever is causing you issue you just need the right tests and an integrative MD that is what I have and he is amazing.
|

Well, I am glad someone read this! I just had to check once more before I went to bed. I am obsessed with scouring the internet for some indication as to what this is. Well thankyou for replying and for your support. I am constantly questioning myself if I am overreacting or crazy since my husband and mother seem to think if the doctor doesn't find anything that there is nothing! They are concerned that I am going to lose my job and think that I should just be there everyday no matter I how I feel. I am continually missing work between appts/tests/ and just exhaustion and discomfort. I am a teacher and finally got into a public school (which is twice the pay of catholic schools so a lot of our financial stress has been lifted-that's why my mom and husband are so worried about it) (not a classroom teacher this year, got my foot in the door as a basic skills teacher-i give supplemental help in math and la for students that qualify...So fortunately my absense doesn't disrupt as much as it could if I had a whole classroom of students and they needed to hire a substitute each time- and I have a very understanding principle - or at least she is so far.) i'm not sure how exactly this forum works but I hope a doctor or someone else can point me in the right direction.
Sorry to blab on and on - i'm just so thrilled there is someone out there willing to listen to me....

Thanks,
kerrie
|

Extremely eHealthy
I sure hope someone can point you in some direction too---just dont quit pushin them .Dr's. We always want to believe they are so "right", but I have learned in my experience--they can be wrong as much or more than they are right. They prolly dont have anymore ideas than you do. And since they have tried all they know of--they give up and try to pass it off as some kind of mental condition.--but this is not a mental condition-- or something so general as fibromyalgia (sp). I dont even think they know what that is--i think its just a long word for pple with "unexplained chronic pain!!!! Seriously--
|

replied February 13th, 2006
Anonymous
Oh dear! What you are experiencing is not normal! Especially having it happen over and over. To me it does sound like a gallbladder attack. I had my gb removed almost a year ago because of polyps and inflammation. The sweating dizzy/fainting spells sound like low blood sugar. I had a similar thing happen to me a few months ago. I woke in the morning to get my daughter's breakfast, felt a little woozy going down the stairs (thought it was just getting up to fast--i get that alot), then the dizziness turned to cold sweats and nausea. I had to literally lay on the kitchen floor to stop myself from passing out. I tried to get back up and it happened again but this time I felt like I was going to vomit and everything went black for a couple seconds. I went to the fridge and had a drink of koolaid thinking it was low blood sugar and went and layed on the couch and then I started shaking. After about 5 mins it went away(except for feeling weak and worn out) and it was like nothing had happened. Scared the daylights out of me!
I would keep on the Dr.S because something is wrong! My prayers go out to you. Please keep us updated on your progress!
|

replied February 28th, 2006
Anonymous
Looking For An Update
I hope you were able to get a diagnosis. If I were in your shoes I would run not walk to an energy healer or medical intuitive in addition to the medical testing of course. I don't know if carolyn myss takes appts (probably not), but she's great at diagnosis.
I'm afraid you wouldn't be open to him, but if there's a chance you are, gene egidio has an ability to jump start your body's natural healing ability. He was exactly on target with me.
Google those names for more info.
I hope you get some healing, relief, answers soon.
You might also try being quiet and going within and asking your body to tell you what the problem is. Be open to subtle, very subtle feelings, and don't worry about if it sounds logical or not. Healing is logical in it's own way, not always the way we expect. Be open.
|

replied March 1st, 2006
Thank you so much for responding. Strangley enough (just like the other two times this happened) after approx 30 days the majority of the symptoms faded. However, I still felt like something was wrong. I do think you may be right about the low blood sugar because I wasn't eating a whole lot. I went to see family during a recent school vacation (i'm a teacher) and I was able to rest while my husband and other family members helped with my daughter (22mos). Being able to really rest really helped (of course, mothers can't always do that). And then of course, this past weekend, I seemed to have another 'attack' or 'episode'. It thankfully wasn't as painful as before but it was still bad. It woke me up in the middle of the night. It was an awful squeezing feeling in my abdomen and I could hardly talk it was so bad. Before I had that and it turned into sharp, knife-like pains, worse than childbirth. Again had a strange fainting like feeling, broke out into a cold sweat and had pain on my right upper side. I had the runs then able to go back to bed but still felt sick. Since then not feeling 100%. Full, nausues stomach again but at least this time I can go to work and pretend I am functioning. Since gi doctor basically wrote me off, I went back to my primary. She said that it sounds like it could be spasms in my bilary something or other. She said that it has similar syptoms to gb and there is a blood test they do to check it. Something with the pancreas. She looked at all my blood work in my file from the er visits and the gi doctor and she said she was surprised that they never did that specific blood test! She was going to call the gi doctor and consult him on this since she is not a specialist and call me by the end of the week. We'll see what happens.
Anyway, everyone is suggesting that it is stress or lactose intolerance or something else ridiculous. I am lactose intolerant and drink lactaid milk. And even when I do occasionally eat an alfredo sauce or rarely, icecream, I have a gurgly stomach and maybe a loose bm but it's nothing like I have now. And-like you suggested, just going within myself, I really believe it's it's organ-based. I know that many people may believe that have many things and it's not but I know my body. It has changed significantly since being pregnant and being much heavier than ever before but I know something is just not right.
I really appreciate you responding. It's nice to know that there are people out there that believe that there is something wrong with me!
|

replied March 1st, 2006
Oh and one more thing....

I forgot to ask you about the polyp on your gb. Why did they decide to remove the whole gb, was the polyp enveloping it?

Interestingly, the my pcp told me that this spasm occurs in some sphincter that releases something into the duodenum from the pancreas (if I got it right?). The duodenum is where they found the adenoma polyp in me. They've removed it but the gi doctor a the time said he didn't think it was related to any of my symptoms.
Also, the spot in my back that is sore when I breath in deeply is where my pancreas is I was told.
|

replied March 1st, 2006
Well...I sure hope you get to the bottom of it. Good luck. Atleast your gp is paying attention.
|

replied March 1st, 2006
Is this the same person that posted above?

I did look up those name you gave me. I never heard of anything like that. What else do you know about it?

And I was curious to find out more about the polyp you had and do you think it was the cause of having your gb removed?

Thanks,

kerrie
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Abdominal Pain, Shortness of Breath, Fatigue And No Appetite
I have the same problems that you have and then some. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, chronic fatique syndrome, and I have chronic heart palpatations. As for the pain in my lower back I broke a vertabrea during pregnancy of my third son and it has never healed correctly. I deal with it the best that I can because I refuse to have back surgery. The pain in my upper back and chest like you have is the a part of the fibromyalgia. I have been put on neurontin 300 mg and ultram 50mg. I can no longer take the neurontin as it completely knocks me out and I have a 4 year old daughter with down syndrome and I can not take the chance of not hearing her when she is up or wakes up in the middle of the night. I only take the ultram when the pain is too bad to cope with and then I only take it at night. It doesn't knock me out like darvocet does. The rest of the time I take advil liquid gels to help manage the pains during the day.

Below is the information on fibromyalgia from the mayo clinic website. Maybe this will help you some.

Debbie

signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia can vary, depending on the weather, stress, physical activity or even just the time of day. Different people experience different signs and symptoms, but common signs and symptoms include:

widespread pain. Fibromyalgia is characterized by pain in specific areas of your body when pressure is applied. These areas include the back of your head, upper back and neck, upper chest, elbows, hips and knees. The pain generally persists for months at a time and is often accompanied by stiffness.
Fatigue and sleep disturbances. People with fibromyalgia often wake up tired and unrefreshed even though they seem to get plenty of sleep. Some studies suggest that this sleep problem is the result of a sleep disorder called alpha wave interrupted sleep pattern, a condition in which deep sleep is frequently interrupted by bursts of brain activity similar to wakefulness. So people with fibromyalgia miss the deep restorative stage of sleep (stage 4). Nighttime muscle spasms in your legs (periodic limb movement disorder or nocturnal myoclonus) and restless legs syndrome also may be associated with fibromyalgia.
Irritable bowel syndrome (ibs). The constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain and bloating associated with ibs are common in people with fibromyalgia.
Headaches and facial pain. Many people who have fibromyalgia also have headaches and facial pain that may be related to tenderness or stiffness in their neck and shoulders. Temporomandibular joint (tmj) dysfunction, which affects the jaw joints and surrounding muscles, is also common in people with fibromyalgia.
Heightened sensitivity. It's common for people with fibromyalgia to report being sensitive to odors, noises, bright lights and touch.
Other common signs and symptoms include:

depression
numbness or tingling sensations in the hands and feet (paresthesia)
difficulty concentrating
mood changes
chest pain
irritable bladder
dry eyes, skin and mouth
painful menstrual periods
dizziness
anxiety

previousnext: causes

more on this topic
restless legs syndrome
irritable bowel syndrome
tmj disorders
depression
urinary incontinence
dry eyes
dry skin
dry mouth
dizziness
article tools
print this section | all sections
smaller type

|

replied April 9th, 2013
I just read a story about a female with IBS and with fibromyalgia. After a few years of being homebound due to her illness and symtoms too many to list her she had appendix pain they removed it and guess what NO MORE Fibromyalgia nor IBS !!! she had chronic appendicitis it must of been leaking infection slowly over they years and destroying her poor body was having a lot of the symptoms you mentioned some research in the UK are now rethinking Fibromyalgia it I thought I read it is from bacteria or fungus...
|

replied March 5th, 2006
Hi, debbie:

who did you go to to diagnose the chronic fatigue and fibromyalsia? A rhuematologist or your regular doctor? Since my last post i've been still "not right", always tired, had another 'attack' not as bad as previously but still an awful squeezing in my stomach that woke me up in the middle of the night, where I can't talk and pain in my right side, broke out into a cold sweat. Again since then, real tenderness/discomfort off and on in my upper right abdomin by ribs and general achyness, fatigue and dizziness.

Kerrie
|

replied March 23rd, 2006
Anonymous
Chronic Appendicitis
My husband suffered most of what you were saying for years!!! All blood tests came back normal, all cat scans, everything!! Well, finally, after about 4 years someone figured it out. He had gone through a bout of what you experienced - severe pain, vomiting, diarhea and they ordered a colonoscopy right away and luckily they did. As they did the colonoscopy, the saw the "fluid" dripping - literally dripping, out of his appendix. He was diagnosed with chronic appendicitis. What happened was that his appendix would inflame and instead of bursting, would just slowly dump the toxins into his system. All the throwing up and diarhea would then clear out his system so all tests looked normal. I would have them check for this, as it sounds almost identicial to what my husband went through....They removed his appendix and it has never happened again. Good luck!!
|

replied March 24th, 2006
Anonymous
I was the one with the polyps in the gb. I had the gb removed because the dr's told me it would help with the symptoms I was experiencing--nausea, bloating, pain under rib cage. It did get rid of the pain under the rib cage, but I still have nausea and bloating and occasional diarrhea. Normally when a person has polyps they don't remove the gb unless they are causing symptoms or a a certain size. I had symptoms as well as inflammation so that is why they decided to remove it.

Hope that answers your questions (if I was the one you were asking :o)

donna
|

replied March 24th, 2006
Anonymous
Symptoms
Kerrie,

i feel for you and your story. It's so much to be concerned about, and also have to work, raise a child, etc.

Your symptoms sound a bit like mine. I was diagnosed in september with a hiatal hernia, gastritis and reflux, in addition to having small gallstones.

Two nights ago I suffered (what I believe was a) gallbladder attack. Lasted 6 hours of excruciating pain. Almost went to er.

Called gastroenterologist yesterday and have a hepatobiliary (gallbladder) cck set up for monday. Has anyone had this test, and if so, what can I expect? I am a little anxious about it all.

Your symptoms sound very reflux or gallbladder related, to me.

Lori
|

replied February 25th, 2008
I know it has been a couple years since you have posted anything on what you were having problems with, but I was just curious if you ever figured out what was wrong.
I have many of the same symptoms, including the bumps on my shins. I have not been near as sick as you, but everytime I eat, no matter what it is, I get horrible pains, especially in my right side. My symptoms just mimicked so many of yours that I though it would be worth asking!
|

replied April 7th, 2008
plz help
hi am only 18 coming on 19 and am scared,the past 2months iv been having stomach pains,frist time i could not move for days because of a sharp pain up the left side of my body and was short of breath,i was sent for a x-ray because my doctor thot i had fluid in the lungs,but at hospital i was sent away with pain killer without an x-ray sayin it may only be a pulled muscel.few days later i was fine.then a week later everytime i ate the pain was unbelievible,this continued so i started just eatin soups and light things to easy my stomach then when i try to eat solids the pain kills me again but the past week has been the worst i have spent 3days in the toliet with sickness and diarehha,the day i stopped being sick i was in work and i felt i was havin a heart attack the pain was to sore to handle i just cryed,i went home to rest.yesterday i was coming home when i fainted and my partner had to hold me i could not move with pain i thot i was going to black out,i went to hospital and was sent away again with injestion tablets saying i had acid in my stomach,i know something i wrong with me can anyone help?????????? x
|

replied November 2nd, 2008
I have a lot of the same pains
I cried today because I feel like I am crazy. Since I have moved to Guam I have had bad medical problems. The latest has been the pain on my right side, as well as very bad menstral pains (I have a ovarian cyst, which might be the reason)When you get your attack does it feel like the pain has moved to were your rib cage meets in your chest????? Thats what happens to me, I have had three attacks. One when I was 7 months pregnant, which I could feel a bump in my rib cage area (maybe because of my belly there was no room for the swelling to hide). I threw up 3 times, and passed it all has pregnancy issues.

August 2007 - Went to the emergency room, due to abdomonial pain
Diagnose: 7cm Ovarian Cyst and pregnancy (6 weeks along)
Days Later- Went to the ER again and had to have surgery
Diagnose: Ovarian cyst grew to 10cm and was twisting my ovary. Cyst and right ovary removed

January 2008- Wake up in the middle of the night with chest pain, Violent vomitting, couldn't breath. Lasted about a hour.I was 7 months pregnant and never went to the hospital about it. (mentioned above)

April 2008- Horrible right breast pain, I thought it was mastitis.
Disgnose: 7 cm MRSA (bacteria infection) abssess in my breast, I had to have surgery for removal. For three months I had a gapping whole in my breast that I had to stuff with gauze twice a day. ( I think I got MRSA do to all my hospital stays)

June 2008- MRSA Bump in my right butt cheek. ( small bump drained)

August 2008- Almost a year to the DAY! I had a horrible attack. There was this pain on my lower right side and as I was feeding my baby I felt dizzy and then the pain shot to the middle of my chest where my rib cage meets. It feel kinda like gas but it was as bad as labor pains.No matter what I did it couldn't get better. I felt the need to vomitt but couldn't. I tried holding my breath, breathing faster, moving, lying still, and then I had a cold sweat. My clothes were soaked. I went to the ER and of course the pain stopped, but a constent dull pain remained in my abdomin and right side. When I was going into the room I had another attack. I was happy to have it at the hospital because the drugs they put in my IV were wonderful. Thats when I realized the pain on my right side is sore to the touch (still is) They ran blood, urine tests, and I had a Cat SCan. My white blood cell count was low, my pancrease was a little low and they found a golf ball size cyst in my remaining ovary. I was put on birth control to shrink my cyst, but the doctors igonored my original problem and now every morning I wake up I have the dull pain that increases until I put something in my stomach, but that just makes it not hurt so much, the pain never seems to go away.
My husband says its probably something like dehydration! I feel it in my gut that there is something wrong.....

DiD you get a diagnoses yet???????
|

replied January 23rd, 2009
I too suffered for years many of the symptoms a lot of you described. Beginning with low back injury, then fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue etc...to small pain in belly button that felt like a yanking sensation that progressed to massive pain in abdominal just under belly button that could never be explained. My belly button used to feel hot inside like it was being pulled then i would get bad pain on either right or left side lower abdominals, i used to also experience pain during sex that would then go away as easily as it appeared...then the pain just under my belly button started to feel cold like i had a cold spot on my skin and inside it. It would swell slightly and still with pain. The out of the blue i swelled like i was more than 9 months pregnant and had to carry my stomach having waves of contraction like pain that would not relieve for several days. ALL tests were normal for everything including gall bladder. Then i began to notice a pattern emerging before each major attack came on...
First my feet would get itchy, always the same foot, then i got tinea between my toes then part of the sole of my foot near the arch would be so itchy it would drive me mad the some skin would begin to peel from it...Then the pain as above would begin but it was always worse just BEFORE my period also...i also noticed i had bad breath and white tongue, my mucus was thick and i had alot of head aches which i put down to back injury. Many other little things began to make sense the more i read. I even saw a specialist who told me i had irritable bowel syndrome when i asked him what that meant he said basically it means you have a problem in your bowel that we can't find or don't know. When i asked him if candida could be contributing he ignorantly told me he didn't believe in that!! Then charged me $350 for 10 minutes of his time.
NO doctor has ever been able to tell me what is going on after all these years... After researching many different leads, ideas and hunches things started to fall into place for me...
SUGAR...i ate too much sugar in everyday products...i craved carby foods without realizing it and began to read up on sugar and candida albicans..
When i hurt my back i took pain killers to numb pain and i ate alot of crap to make me feel better, i also had cortisone injections which don't help with the good bacteria in your body and all this stuff i was putting in my body and taking was actually over years making my body worse and contributing to my condition so one thing leads to another and finally i stopped eating so many carbs cut back on sugar intake, went and saw a naturapath who did iridology on me and said i had a sugar problem and an over growth of yeast (which is caused by sugar)then she did something called the triple burner on me which she said she had not used like that before but instinctively felt right to do and i have to say it was amazing, that night i had a fever and the next day i physically felt the best i have ever felt in my life. And no more pain in abdominals, it has been over a year now and i am still feeling wonderful with no pain. By the way i researched the triple burner and it is a chinese meridian thing and when i dug a little deeper it specifically helps yeast problems such as candida...my naturapath was a little shocked but happy and was grateful she trusted her instinct just as mine led me to natural medicine. Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue etc have very strong links to yeast over growth also. If you have ever taken the pill, antibiotics, cortisone injections or medication etc you could have an issue with candida also and not even realize it. Try giving up sugar and see how much better you feel...It really is poison!! I feel amazing now and any extra weight i was carrying has fallen since i stopped eating sugar. Try it!! You'll be amazed you'll feel amazing!!
|

replied January 23rd, 2009
Thanks for the update !
Wow, thats great.
I haven't been on birth control until just recently and that was to hopefully reduce the size of my cyst. I find out in a couple of weeks if it worked. It was only for three months and all after it began but I was on DEPO for 2 years and I swear that did something to my body.
Antibiotics, oh yeah I have had a few of those, plus a lot of different pain killers for my surgerys. When I had MRSA (Staff infection)the first antibiotic didn't help and so they put me on another (I can't remember the names right now) and I had to scrub my body everyday for two weeks. As well as put this cream up my nose. Then I had to take anitbiotics for yeast overgrowth. MY body was creating extra bacteria down there. The meds fixed it but now I think it came back. I have never had any problems with my body down there until three years ago when I moved to Guam and my doctor kept passing it off to Humidity. Since its so Hot and Humid on Guam, thats why its different down there, is what she told me. Then the doc said I needed to clean myself more, so I started to bath everynight plus take my regular showers everyday! That seemed to help but I still had discharge and odor. The only temporary relief I had was the antibiotics I took for the extra bacteria. I now see a different doctor.

Thank you for sharing your information, I wouldn't be suprised if sugar is the culprate for me as well.
|
12 >>