Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Sore Swollen Breasts (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hello,

a ladyfriend has been complaining that her breasts are very sensitive to touch (painful), and swollen. She is unsure if she is pregnant. However she isn't showing any of other syptoms that would indicate a pregnacy. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks for your help!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper carvytaph
|

replied August 12th, 2003
Experienced User
~hello~
Thats the first things that happend to me, im 2 months pregnant, and yeh thats the first thing I got, was really sore breast, I mean really sore, there still sore but it was the first thing I got, before the morning sickness that I have now and hate with a pasion, but id tell your friend to get a pregancy test she could be pregnant, and good luck in the feture,
your friend ~jess~ Laughing
|

Experienced User
Sore breasts do not mean you are pregnant. I have had sore breasts for for the past 2 years every month 2 weeks right before I get my period. They swell and hurt vey badly. I am normally a 34 c and when they swell I can wear a d cup and I usually fill that to the maximum. They feel like balloons sometimes.

I would advise her to buy a test, it can't hurt. But I would assume that she's pregnant just because her breasts are swollen.
|

Experienced User
Sometimes women get sore breasts just before their period, as the previous post mentioned. If she is on the pill, that could also contribute to the soreness. I find the week right before my period, my breasts are so sore and swolen I also can fit into a larger bra (unfortunately not a d tho!Sad ) when I wasn't on the pill, this didn't happen often.
|

replied August 13th, 2003
Thank you all for your help.
My friend states that the sorness/ most sensitive part is her nipple. If and when they are touched or bumped it senda her through the roof. The pain radiates through the whole chest. She also say her breast are hard as hell!! She ended her period about 2 weeks ago, however it was normal. It ran longer than usual. She has been on birth control for several years, no change in dosage or type either.
|

replied May 5th, 2009
Early Preganacy
Everytime before my menstruation I have my breast sore but this time I am not having that sign. M I pregnant.
|

replied August 26th, 2009
Sore Swollen Breasts
I'm 28,and my whole life I have never gotten sore,swollen breasts before my periods. Right before my last period my breasts started to get very sore and swollen,and has not stopped since. I've also been getting my periods every three weeks. In 2006 i had a tubal ligation,which I know it is still rarely possible to get pregnant. I have taken three pregnancy tests,and they were all negative. Yet my breasts continue to grow,and are still very sore. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with me????
|

replied November 12th, 2009
Help
I am 26 I had my period last month and its not time for another one but my breast are sore, so tender it kills me to wear a bra and swollen. I wear a 36c and they are coming out of my bra. I hurt all over and feel tired all the time. Am I going crazy?Any thoughts?
|

replied November 21st, 2009
hormonal embalance..not necessarily pregnant!
I think its hormones. I am going through the same thing. I think some cycles our hormones get out of whack and we get sore breasts, headaches, sleepiness, etc. Don't contribute this to pregnancy unless you have missed a period and are more than 2 weeks late. Because this fluctuation in hormones can also cause a delay in your period starting as well.
|

replied December 8th, 2009
swollen breasts
hi, i am have been suffering with sore and swollen breasts for the last 2 weeks.. i came off the pill about 3 months ago... could this be a factor? I am quite concerned, they are spilling over my bras and they hurt so much when i take my bra off. Any help??
|

replied April 12th, 2010
I have been having sore breasts for the past two weeks now. They are only a little bit swollen but nothing to get excited about. I had a tubal and and endometrial ligation about 5 years ago so there is a good chance it's not pregnancy but I'm wondering if it could be it since I was told by my doctor last year there is still a chance and these things begin to fail after the five year mark. My tummy is slightly swollen (some of my pants are fitting tightly). I am tired all time and my lower back is killing me. It's like every bone back there is out of wack. My youngest is 7 so starting over again is not a thought I am eager to entertain. My period is due on the 20th and we had sex the day before my last period. So I'm kinda sitting in the middle of the cycle. Anyone have any ideas?
|

replied April 17th, 2010
I have had sore breasts for about a week now , i am waiting for my period i think is a little late , but i have the implant , and i have had periods since the implant and it has worked for me so far , my breasts are very sore and sensitive and seem to be bigger , my nipples are most sensitive , but im not sure if its just my implant doing this because the doctor told me when i was getting the implant that i will have irregular periods and a few changes. I don't want to jump to the conclusion that i may be pregnant because im almost certain im not and my breasts are the only change, and the implant is 99.9% effective. Could all the just be the implant? ( Please relpy im very concerned and this is all i can turn to)
|

replied May 28th, 2010
sore swollen breasts
I've just finished my period - when i woke up this morning my breasts feel very sore and are quite swollen (which I have to say I don't mind!). I also think I may have arthritis in my back - these are apparently symptoms of lupus although the most common is a butterfly shape rash on the face over the nose and cheeks - which i don't have..I'm also tired and weepy, the last 3 mornings I've cried as soon as I have woken up.
I don't know what it is but it just reaffirms to me how crap it is to be a girl Sad
We get the worst of everything.
|

replied March 7th, 2011
I am 44. I had a tubal ligation 8 years ago that has been wonderful. I have to assume the new issue is hormonal, or due to a 15 pds weight gain (which makes me 130 pnds), but my breasts are so sore and swollen. The last time I felt like this was right after delivery when the milk started coming in, and that was 18 years ago. I have read that a weight can can cause this issue, so I have started a plan to remove those 15 pnds. I don't know if it will help but it certainly couldn't hurt. In the meantime, I can barely move my arms without them hurting, and my breasts feel like they are gonna push thru the bra soon. I truly hope this all subsides by the time my period comes next week because I don't know how much more of this I can take.
|

replied March 28th, 2011
i too am experiencing swollen breasts which feel hot and painful like they did after I had my children. I feel I have to hold them when I remove my bra. I am not pregnant and don't know what is causing this but from everyone else's posts I am assuming it is due to hormonal changes. I just hope it goes away soon. They hurt!
|

replied May 26th, 2011
I had my period about 13 days ago and about three days ago I have noticed that my breasts are sore especially in the nipple area when you touch them, usually before my period my breast get sore but not so much the nipple area. I am sexually active with my boyfriend, for the last few months and up until april i was getting my period regularly but always coming later then expected, then in April no period but then it came May 9th and lasted 5 days. Before becoming sexually active it would last typically 7 days but only has once since then. What could it be?
|

replied May 26th, 2011
Sore Breasts & Increased Sex Drive
heres one for all of you starting a few weeks ago i started noticing my sex drive was going crazy, and it still is i want it all of the time. and my breasts are sore to the touch,my lower back has been killing me. so can anyone tell me what the heck is going on
|

replied September 22nd, 2011
the increased sex drive and swollen, sore breasts was the first thing i noticed in my pregnancy. i don't know why but my libido was through the roof.
|

replied November 26th, 2011
i have had my period for about 2 months now and all of a sudden my breasts are sore and swollen can i be pregnant? or is it just my period but i have never had this problem before?
|

replied November 29th, 2011
Hi I'm 24, my period is over a week late and my breasts are really sore , so heavy and my nipples are also hurting, I am struggling to sleep because it is so uncomfortable. Could this mean I maybe pregnant? Ive sometimes had sore breasts just before my period but never like this?
|

replied November 28th, 2011
unsure in pain.!!
i came on my period 2 weeks early it was only a light period and now i have finished bleeding my nipples are really sore and a bit swollen... its more of my right one then me left. i have got some pains in the lower part of my stomach, but i am a little worried... what could this be.??.!!
|
12 >>
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile