Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Circumcision (Page 1)

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
To mommies of boys and soon to be ones what do u think? What exactly do they do and when. I no we are going to do it but im really worried cuz ive never had a penis of my own to worry about! Lol
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 10th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Im not having my boy done, I think its cruel and unnecessary :/ not many do it here in the uk. I know its more common over there though, tradition culture or something...I think its wrong.
|

User Profile
Supporter
My boys are circumcised.

I know a few guys who had to have it done in their teen years, a guy in his fifties and a four year old boy because of infection.. ouch!!!
|
Users who thank michelle1981 for this post: Andika 

Especially eHealthy
Where u with them when they got it done michelle?
|

User Profile
Supporter
With my first I was, but I had to leave half way through....My husband stayed to the end.
With jordan I wasn't allowed to be in with him......I hated that!

They give them an anesthetic to freeze the area so they are pain free. They cry because they have to be in a position they don't want to be in.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
If I have a boy he will get the procedure done. Because the extra skin can cause infection and its hard to keep clean. Most boys grown up and would rather have been circumcised u can ask for a deadner for the baby in la. And they give u pain meds for the baby after. I think its better to do, but thats just me
|

replied February 11th, 2006
Experienced User
That is one thing that I am sooooo scared about! I think it's soo mean,but at the same time there's risk of infections. So I asked my fiancee about it and he says that my lil' boy has to have it done :( I got so nervous I started crying. I think I will be so nervous and probably crying my eyeballs out when they do it.

I told my fiancee he has to go in with him and then help me with the diaper changing I am going to be so scared to change his diaper!!! I don't want to hurt him :(
|

User Profile
Supporter
Mia, it's not so bad! You might think there will be blood everywhere, but there won't be.

I too was afraid, it's only natural.

It's all personal choice...
|

Especially eHealthy
My husband said we are getting it done I was just curious about it how long after he was born did they do yours michelle?
|

User Profile
Supporter
Brian was 9 days and jordan was 6, i'm pretty sure.

Get it done as early as possible..
|

Extremely eHealthy
I think you're mad to put a baby through a lot of pain for nothing but a tiny risk of getting an infection years later! Its ridiculous. Ive seen it being done and the baby screamed its lungs out in pain, so dont tell people it doesnt hurt them. The doctor put a freeze thing on it, well that didnt make much of a damn difference. It wasnt the position he didnt like either, because he was fine being held until they actually did it to him....Omg how can u put your baby through it! Should be illegal unless necessary for an infection which is so rare anyway!
|

Experienced User
Im plannin on gettin my son done my mom says its better for them early on like u ladies said she said it can cause infection but its really a personal choice I think it mite be better but that mite just be me
|

User Profile
If I had had a boy I would have had him circumsized (or will if they made a mistake). I haven't ever seen an uncircumsized penis, and everyone in my family is done, even my ex is. I don't believe the rubbish that it leaves ever lasting trama to the boy all his life. It's easier to keep clean and it's safer with the chance of infections.

Allie I respect your decision but I don't think it's fair to attack people with different views. Calling them "mad" is a little over the top. No one is calling you mad or stupid for having a different view. I don't mean to be rude or get you mad but I just don't think making attacks gets anyone anywhere. It's a personal choice.

Good luck to all you ladies with bubs on the way!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Exactly you arent even giving a good reason for doing it. Because there isnt one! Its very rare to get an infection, and big deal so they get it done later if thats the case. They do it over there because its a tradition or culture thing, and that isnt fair on a baby. Its child abuse making a baby suffer for no good reason other than a very slight chance they might get an infection. Probably tradition because they did it in the flipping bible!
|

Especially eHealthy
One of my friends was born in germany and didnt have his done and it embarasses him he didnt even have sex til he was 19 cuz he worried what the girl would think

w/e im not going with him my hubby thinks he needs it done so he can take him just bring him back to me when hes happy again
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Alot of men dont take care of it and its nasty because they dont clean it properly even though they know how!!

Allie their is pros and cons to both the decsion is left to the parents, I dont see a need for it but they do it in hubbys culture so im going through out of respect to my husbands culture. Anyways everyone has a right if you dont like it then dont do it!
|

User Profile
Supporter
allie_18 wrote:
exactly you arent even giving a good reason for doing it. Because there isnt one! Its very rare to get an infection, and big deal so they get it done later if thats the case. They do it over there because its a tradition or culture thing, and that isnt fair on a baby. Its child abuse making a baby suffer for no good reason other than a very slight chance they might get an infection. Probably tradition because they did it in the flipping bible!

first of all i'm not mad because I have my child circumcised, like I said it's all personal choice. Second, you make absolutely no sense when you said yourself.. I'll quote you "its very rare to get an infection, and big deal so they get it done later". So it's ok to have your child done later, because you didn't do it at birth :roll:. So would that make you a child abuser for doing it later in life???

Allie, just because ppl don't believe what you believe it doesn't make them crazy, it makes you narrow-minded!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
If they dont have it done when they are a baby it doesnt mean they will need it doing later. Theres only a small chance they might get an infection and need it doing, so thats rubbish. Its crazyness to hurt a baby so yes it makes u crazy and cruel.
|

allie_18 wrote:
i think you're mad to put a baby through a lot of pain for nothing but a tiny risk of getting an infection years later! Its ridiculous. Ive seen it being done and the baby screamed its lungs out in pain, so dont tell people it doesnt hurt them. The doctor put a freeze thing on it, well that didnt make much of a damn difference. It wasnt the position he didnt like either, because he was fine being held until they actually did it to him....Omg how can u put your baby through it! Should be illegal unless necessary for an infection which is so rare anyway!

have you not herd how bad an infection can get when dealing with a baby. Yes it is painfull but i'd rather get it all out of the way while they are just a baby other then being 6 or older with a horrible infection and having to go threw it then. You shouldn't come on here and critosize people for what they do. You have your beliefs and others do too. And infection isnt that rare what i've herd is its almost as common as a diaper rash, and they do get worst if not cleaned and taken care of right.
|

macysmama wrote:
one of my friends was born in germany and didnt have his done and it embarasses him he didnt even have sex til he was 19 cuz he worried what the girl would think

w/e im not going with him my hubby thinks he needs it done so he can take him just bring him back to me when hes happy again

thats another thing... If you did a survey on teenage boys and also men who havent had the procedure done... I bet a good percentage would want to have had it done when they were born. My little cousin isnt and he is very embarred now exspecially when he's going into high school. He told me about a story where one girl made a boy cry because he hadn't had the preocedure done.
|