Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Hole In Hard Palate

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
In 2000 I noticed a lump on the roof of my mouth, just on the right side. It became painful. I went to va doctor who referred me to ent.

The ent rudely told me it was a dental problem without examining me and sent me to the dental dept. The dental x-rays showed a deteriation of the hard palate at the location of the lump. (mri same year showed a cyst in same sinus cavity)the va dentist wanted to do a pulpotomy on all my teeth, said it would fix problem.

I would not allow this and went home.

The pain eventuall subsided and the lump was 'just there'. Now, in the last month, the lump has become larger, sore and fairly soft. When I press on it, I can feel the pressure (sensation) in my right nostril.

I do have an appointment (with va again) in late march. Can anyone give me a heads up on what to expect, could it really be a dental problem??
Did you find this post helpful?
|