Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Can You Get Pregnant Right After Your Period (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
The reason why I ask this question is because I stated my perid jan 22andgot off on jan 29 and me and my bf had sex feb 4, 5,and 6 and all three time he came in me. I been pregnant by him before and we been togther for 2 years but I had a miscarriage at 3 months. Today is the feb 10 and I just want to know is it to early to take at at home prenancy test. And how many days does it take to find out other than the last time I mis my period which was a month later. So any one that could answer this question for me please write back soon.
India
21 yr old
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper quanny
|

replied February 10th, 2006
Yes there is a chance that you will get pregnant.In one of my forum discussions about sex during periods a girl stated that you can get pregnant while having sex during periods.I searched some of the web sites regarding that.Its not only true but most docs say its a miracle that u can get pregnant anytime coz ovulation can vary in every female.
I think most of the pregnancy tests can show the results with in 5 days of getting pregnant.The moment you are pregnant body releases a hormone and thats what this tests try to detect.If you had last sex on 6th and today is 10th so if you are pregnant you may be able to find out by next week I suppose.
|

replied March 31st, 2011
i came on my period march 23 and came off march 28 had sex march 29; he came in me what is the chances that i am pregnant ?
|

replied May 30th, 2011
from what i have heard and experienced, ovulation usually takes place between 11-17 days after the onset of your cycle. so, the first week of april would've been the best time. but, everyone is different.
|

replied March 31st, 2011
i came on my period march 23 and came off march 28 had sex march 29; he came in me what is the chances that i am pregnant ?
|

replied February 12th, 2006
Experienced User
Yes you can get pregnant. Its only right after your period that you can't. Depending on your cycle, the window for pregancy is different. But the time period after that you had sex, I would say it was def. Possible.
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2011
Inccorect....
Not true, many women have gotten pregnant after having sex either their last day of their period or the day right after. I myself got pregnant and I had sex the day mine stopped and the day right after and now I'm pregnant so I am proof it can happen. There is no actual time you "can't" get pregnant. Even with condoms and birth control there is still ALWAYS a chance.
|

replied December 28th, 2012
the reason i am asking this question is because i am 16 i lost my v last night but also yesterday was the last day of my period he probably came inside me about three times, is there a chance i can get pregnant!!!Sad i didnt think you could get prego the first timee!
|

the reason i am asking this question is because i am 16 i lost my v last night but also yesterday was the last day of my period he probably came inside me about three times, is there a chance i can get pregnant!!!Sad i didnt think you could get prego the first timee!
|

Community Volunteer
Why on earth will you think your body works differently the first time?

Normally a woman is the least fertile the week before her period, and the first few days of her period.

She is the most fertile a few days before ovulation until ovulation.

So the chances are that you could have been fertile, but it is not likely.

Please get yourself protected. Speak to your mom if that is what you need to do. I am sure she will rather be angry with you and know that you are protected, rather than be happy and find out you are pregnant one day.
|

replied February 13th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Please Help
? Last night my husbands condom feel off inside of me after we had sex. We didnt realize it untill he looked so then my second ? Is yesterday was the first day off my pill so is there any chance I could get pregnant???????
|

replied February 5th, 2009
You can get pregnant anytime, whether its before, during or right after your period. There is a chance for pregnancy anytime. There is a time when it would be easier to get pregnant but its possible anytime. If the condom broke, if no protection or pretty much anything where there is no protection you CAN get pregnant. There isn't a time when you can't.
|

replied February 8th, 2009
Experienced User
Re: Please Help
angel6932 wrote:
? Last night my husbands condom feel off inside of me after we had sex. We didnt realize it untill he looked so then my second ? Is yesterday was the first day off my pill so is there any chance I could get pregnant???????

Need more info... are you just starting the pill or yesterday was the first day of your new pack? if its the latter...probably not, you were already protected against pregnancy with the pill. If your just starting it and the condom is precaution until you get established on the pill...did the condom slip off further up inside or was the rim outside after he pulled out? Small chance of pregnant if it was outside but not likely.
|

replied February 17th, 2009
lets see my fiance and i had unprotected sex the 15th i started the 10th and the 15th i still was bleeding a little bit is it possible i could be pregnant
|

replied March 1st, 2009
question
ok me and my ex bf had sex last friday Feb 20 and we were using the pull-out method...only i think that he pre-came inside of me or came and then pulled out quickly...and i usually come on my period at the end of the month....so Its March 1 and I jus came on my period...so could I still be pregnant??
|

replied May 9th, 2009
okay can you become pregnant if you have sex the day your period ends
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2009
can anyone help me
im alomst finish my period an i want to try for a baby when will it be the best time my period finishs in about a day or two
|

replied September 2nd, 2009
i think i touched my penis ,then i inserted my fingers in my gf vagina ,it was her second day of her periods is there a chance of pregnancy ?
|

I had sex september 1st without a condom and I had a periode 1week ago but today I had some light spotting...could I be prego too
|

Help help help! I had my period on the 20th-25th and I had sex yesterday....I get prego very easily....my cyles go about 35-45 days....anyone know how likley it is i got prego....given the time frame? Im stressed out someone please awnser.
|

replied November 24th, 2009
Pregnancy after a period, and on birth control
Me and my girlfriend just had sex and i came inside of her. Today was the first day after her period. She takes birth control every single day. We've never done this. How likely is it that she is pregnant?
|

replied March 24th, 2011
Not likely. If she's on birthcontrol she most likely won't be pregnant.
The pil makes sure the egg inside her cant nest (as we call it) Making it so that it cant get furtilized.
|

replied January 16th, 2010
Sex
hi i had sex last night, i did not have protection, but i pulled out pre ejaculation and she just finished her period a couple day of days ago. what are the odds that she could get pregnant
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2010
Pregnancy
Hello! I had sex on April 1, 2010 and I finished my period about two weeks before. My boyfriend came in me, and I don''t want to be disappointed.. is there a possibility that I am pregnant? Someone please reply!
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2013
i had sex 100 times i love doing it sure at least sex 2 times you'll be pregnat. i'm a sex liker here
|

replied April 11th, 2010
Can i be pregnant?
when me and my boyfriend first had sex the condom slipped and it came off inside of me but he had already came inside of me, is there a chance i could get pregnant? and then there was two other times that we had sex that we didn''t use protection and he came inside of me and is there a chance i could be pregnant? i have been pregnant before about a year ago.
|

replied October 1st, 2010
I know I won't get any answers but this is stressing me out, and I can't talk to anyone in my life about it, without causing serious stress, and arguments.

I'm in a long distance relationship with my 1st love, he & I have been on and off since I was 13, (I'm 18, he's 19)
this past weekend I went to see him and of course we had sex, and a lot of it, I was on my last two days of my period, and he always used a condom.
but...the last day, or possibly the day after my period had stopped, he & I were having sex, and he pulled out, I think bc he had just climaxed, and had gone soft, but as he did, the condom slipped off, (it slipped off outside of me), and kinda knowing it was filled with his sperm, I'm wondering if I could get pregnant that way his sperm being so close to my hole, and knowing sperm can last a few days.

I'm really worried about this, but am gonna wait until it's time for my next period to come around before I totally freak out. It's been 5 days since the condom slippage, so I know I really shouldn't feel anything just yet, but I just feel like I am.
|

replied October 1st, 2010
Especially eHealthy
AMHEHC, It takes a considerable amount of sperm deposited inside your vagina close to the cervix to get you pregnant. For example, if a man ejaculates less than 20 million sperm and 2 ml semen, he is considered infertile. Of the millions and millions of sperm ejaculated inside you, only a few will safely make it up to your ovaries.

It also takes a very special time of your cycle to get pregnant. You have to be around your ovulation. Sperm can swim up to your ovaries and wait there for you to ovulate. From the moment the sperm is ejaculated, it is losing strength and becoming weaker and weaker. Most sperm will survive for only about 3 days before it is just too weak to do anything with an egg.

When do you ovulate? 95% of all woman ovulate between 12 and 16 days BEFORE their NEXT PERIOD.

For this reason, pregnancy from period sex is a real rarity. It is more a theoretical possibility than a practical issue. This is not true if you have short cycles (around 21 days). And never rely on period sex to keep you safe if you absolutely cannot afford to get pregnant. Rather be safe than sorry.

Nothing you described here gives the impression that you can be pregnant.

Remind him to grab the condom by the base of his penis when he pulls out, or help him with this. This will prevent him from just pulling his penis out of the condom when he goes soft.

Beat of luck!
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2012
this a great information, i like to research stuff like this just to get a good out look on pregnancy or becoming pregnant. I just applied onto this site and just posted my first question and i am in a lot of stress including my boyfriend and i need anyone to read my question and help me with a solution or help me on any information about my question. If it's not to much terrible could you help me or if you know anyone who could help me that would be splendid.
|

replied November 8th, 2010
I may be pregent
i think i may be pregent me and my boyfriend been haveing sex for 2 weeks with out a condem n i havent got my period i dnt know what to do... when can i find out if i am or not
|